question about go arounds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atcloser

question to all air carrier/air taxi pilots from atc...

when you go around (for whatever reason), do you tell your passengers what the reason is or dont say anything???

Last edited:
I always blame it on the First Officer! ;)

"Uhhh... ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We're going to have to come around for another attempt at landing on a different runway. The airplane that was infront of us on approach just turned into a smoking hole. So if you'll sit back and relax, we should be pulling up to the gate in juuuuuust about another thirteen minutes."

I always tell the passengers, right after I tell the flight attendants. it's pretty easy to explain a go around in ATL.

atrdriver

When you have time tell the geese. Keep it simple.

I agree that you need to talk to the people...

However make sure that you are squared away first... workload is probably very heavey initially, and I have seen some people almost forget to fly because they are so busy yapping. I have also wondered about this as FAA wants you to keep paxs informed but this is also breaking sterile cockpit procedures. Just curious how "essential" the FAA considers this?

Yes, fly the plane first, talk to the pax later. They're going to be mad anyway about something so just be honest and you'll stutter less. I personally blame the captain as for the last 3 days all I heard about was..."screw 170 to the marker, I got a 1350 commute to MSP to get to."

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back