• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA to Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
328, Sorry to here that. Do you guys know why? Are you guys returning some planes or losing routes? Haven't you guys been hiring in the last couple months? Again, sorry to here about the furlough and good luck, -Bean

I hear Piedmont is furloughing as of Jan, and downgrading 40 or so, also! Sorry to hear that......any word on Allegheny.

6 airplanes are going away sometime next year...No downgrades are planned. I guess captain reserves will be flying both seats. We will be very very heavy on captains.

On Jan 5th Piedmont is scheduled to furlough 44 pilots and downgrade 39 Captains. We just went through the realignment bid of opening CLT as a crew base and closing JAX as a crew base.

We're scheduled to lose 7 airplanes at the end of Dec.

Dave isn't subscribing to Wolf's "You can't shrink an airline into profitability"

Now it's "Let's outsource it all!!!" (ie Mesa)

Labor Friendly Restructuring?

That takes them back to pilots with a date of hire of April 15, 2002.

The most senior pilot being furloughed is a lineholder in PIT.

Several of the pilots being furloughed are pilots who were furloughed from major airlines (including US Airways) and who were subsequently hired at PSA.

Got the news last night as I walked out of sim session number 7. Not good for the motivation. What is the number to the truck driving school?

I know that they are planning on finishing all of the training for the guys that are still in training. Hopefully, that is because they expect this to be a short furlough. I think we will know more in March. If U comes out of ch. 11, you guys will be back. If not, then we will all be looking for new jobs. I was furloughed last year and I know how much it sucks...I would just suggest that you concentrate and finish the training. Then draw unemployment and get the WIA funding...its a free type if you can get it worked out. If you need a place to stay for a while, my crashpad is open to you guys for free.

Latest resources

Back