• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Furloughing...er hiring...er...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I used the gouge at willfly4food.com it was right on the money. I interviewed back in october 02. Does anyone know of any crash pads in DAY ?

Fletch:

I saw a few in the Dayton crew room. I would start there.

Also, Dayton Airport Inn is fairly cheap once you get a line that you can commute off of. I think it's like 33 bucks a night.

Hey Learlove and Sayagain, when do you think ALG will put a new hire class together? I'm in their pilot pool and could really use the job? What does the future of ALG look like for the new hires?

PSA

Hi there,

I wanted to know how the training program for PSA was? Also, if there is a contract for the new hires? Any other info. much appreciated!!

The training program is hard at PSA. Ground school is divided up into one week indoc and three weeks systems. Orals are usually done in Dayton at the end of ground school. The simulator is in Dallas and it is two weeks long, usually. There are 12 total sessions in the sim, 10 training, 1 check ride and 1 loft. There is no training contract and you are paid while in training and the company pays for single occupancy in the hotel. I know there is a new hire class starting this month.
As for the prospect of lots of new hires, that while all depend on March 31st and the emergence from bankruptcy from USAirways. If we emerge and the announce jets coming to PSA in total numbers greater then 60, we will have new hire classes. All of the Dorniers are scheduled to go away very quickly. We will need a 2 for 1 trade with jets to keep all the current people employed with the jets for jobs agreement. The junior domicile is Dayton but if we get jets there might be some new domiciles opening up, PHL?, CLT?, DCA?, these are all speculation on my part and may be totally wrong, but who knows.

Taggart:

Where you been grunt? Haven't seen ya online any.

New hires that are coming aboard now have alot less stuff that they do not have to memorize. -34 degress at 7 centistokes. Stuff like that. I think it will be easier then it has been. Our new Director of Training is supposed to develop a better training regiment then what is in place now.

328 Dude. Thankfully I have been working quite a bit, hence no time to mess around on the internet. I heared you had some excitement with a bad gear indication the other day.

Christ, word gets around fast. Yea, couldnt get a right gear indication. Pumped it down and still couldn't get the light. Then things got bad. LOL.

I bet I'm getting more right seat time then you being on reserve.....LOL

328dude said:
Christ, word gets around fast. Yea, couldnt get a right gear indication. Pumped it down and still couldn't get the light. Then things got bad. LOL.

I bet I'm getting more right seat time then you being on reserve.....LOL

Same thing happened to a nose gear the other day. Then in DCA, a crew couldn't open the cockpit door. After they finally opened the door they had maintanience come out to take a look. They discovered a loose screw that was caught on the aileron cables and pulled them off the assembly. Thank God they did not manage to open the door in flight, and thank the MX guys for investigating the door and taking off the "wall" panel.

You guys be real carefull out there. I wish all the best to my PSA brothers and sisters.

NYR.

And with regards to reserve........I spent 2 years as a captain at PSA and every one of them was as the most junior guy on reserve in DAY. Checkin' in got old fast.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back