Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SpocksBeard

gear biatch
Anybody heard anything about when PSA might be starting to interview to staff those jets everybody has been talking about? I thought I read that they start ariving in October or something like that. I start a 135 freight job next week, but I'll gladly leave that if PSA calls. I'm definitely grateful for a change of pace from flight instructing, but extremely lucky to still have a job!!!
thanks, sb

Get in line, I guess you haven't heard about Jets 4 Jobs!!!! Hmmm, well you might be waiting a long time for a call from PSA. US Airways Mainline out of work boyz get 50% of the seats. With 60 Jets going to PSA they will be able to protect there current pilots. But you never know, in the future if a bunch of these guys or gals pass on it, they will hire again off the street..

They had several interview days in April and May. I don't know if they are still interviewing. Most had resumes in for several months in advance of the interviews.

By the way we were all told that all new hires will go to the DO-328....

Send that resume, and do it today.

No - I have heard of J4J, but I did get an application in the mail to fill out with all the background check junk in it so I still have a little hope.

Last I heared we are still interviewing and hiring. All new hires are in the DO-328. I know there is a new hire class going through right now and one starting soon. Nobody is sure just how many seat will be taken by the J4J, the furloughed guys are promissed 50% of FO and Captain seats in the jets. I do not think that all the promised seat on the FO side will be filled, I just do not think there will be enoph furloughed mainline guys that will want to put up with all the BS for $20.00 an hour to fill those 50%. Only time will tell.....
As for the application, fill it out, you should get a call soon from Ken.

Good luck

If you got the app, they want to interview you. Fedex it and Ken will call you the next day.

I just do not think there will be enoph furloughed mainline guys that will want to put up with all the BS for $20.00 an hour to fill those 50%

Was on a mainline jumpseat a few days ago. They said that if the furloughed guys are offered a J4J slot and refuse, they lose recall rights to mainline. Anyone know if that's true??

Latest resources

Back