Providing water bottles to pax.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tgaug6300

We have always provided water bottles to our pax (in the cup holders next to the passenger seats). Recently some crewmembers have taken issue to this per:

§ 91.535 Stowage of food, beverage, and passenger service equipment during aircraft movement on the surface, takeoff, and landing.

(a) No operator may move an aircraft on the surface, take off, or land when any food, beverage, or tableware furnished by the operator is located at any passenger seat.

Curious as to what everyone else is doing (with summer coming on).

Thanks

I think your coworkers need to find hobbies. Here's a real quick way to make yourself look like a total fool: "I'm sorry Mr. CEO, I can't give you a bottle of water until we're above 10,000'."

Last edited:
We have always provided water bottles to our pax (in the cup holders next to the passenger seats). Recently some crewmembers have taken issue to this per:

§ 91.535 Stowage of food, beverage, and passenger service equipment during aircraft movement on the surface, takeoff, and landing.

(a) No operator may move an aircraft on the surface, take off, or land when any food, beverage, or tableware furnished by the operator is located at any passenger seat.

Thanks

Serious? lol....

I'd love to see the reaction when told no water until we level off and the Captain turns off the seatbelt sign. Also, please turn off all your electronic devices Mr. CEO.If your boss wanted to take Southwest Airlines he would, and fire all of your co-workers.

Who are these co-workers anyhow? new to corporate? ex regional pilots or CFI's with a fresh copy of the FAR/AIM memorized?

Good Luck with them. Advise that's a great idea and very diligent of them and that they should go back and give the boss a stern briefing on water bottle usage.

(then hire some non-retarded pilots)

:laugh:

question is wether or not the cup holder is an approved storage compartment???
Seriously, get a life. its a 4 oz. bottle of water.

Thanks

Get rid of the crew members, come up with an excuse and get rid of them. Now.

If they are going to be so petty, to pick nick such a extremely minor point, they will raise all kinds of hell later, up to the point the CEO (big boss) will fire everybody or get rid of the flight department.

I've seen this happen. So have a brief word with them, if they don't take the hint, fire them.

If you cannot fire them, then start looking for another job and leave before it all ends in tears.

Get rid of the crew members, come up with an excuse and get rid of them. Now.

If they are going to be so petty, to pick nick such a extremely minor point, they will raise all kinds of hell later, up to the point the CEO (big boss) will fire everybody or get rid of the flight department.

I've seen this happen. So have a brief word with them, if they don't take the hint, fire them.

If you cannot fire them, then start looking for another job and leave before it all ends in tears.

No! No!...way to extreme.

You gotta egg these clowns on, then sit back and watch. Sounds like it will be a good show.

Give them some quick responsibilities, maybe a classic aviation title like "Director of Training" or "Safety Manager" or some other bull**** title...then let them implode.

OP - keep us posted!

Sounds like you got some analists on your hands. Next they will want to ban cell phones and iPads :)

Do I sense $100 fines for non-departmental stuff on the iphones??

Water bottle patrol just prior to taking leaving the ramp?

Cant trust the pilots OR the pax these days I tell ya!

:eek:

(a) No operator may move an aircraft on the surface, take off, or land when any food, beverage, or tableware furnished by the operator is located at any passenger seat...

I don't see an issue. It's not at the seat, it's secured in a cup holder that happens to be nearby. ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back