Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Regul8r

Old School
Is it just me, or does it seem like very few companies fill executive positions with former rank and file employees? After hearing the same mantra day after day about the employees being the most valuable asset, you'd figure someone would make it to the top from the bottom. Maybe your best shot at the top is by plugging the CEO's daughter and getting her pregnant.

Pick yer poison

I would hate to be responsible for the continued propagation of that species.

Maybe it's the "Degree" of "Education?"

What got me started with this is reading in the paper today about the financial situation Ford is in. Bill Ford tried to win over a couple of execs from competing companies so they could turn Ford around. Way to reach out to your employees and let them know they have no talent. The same article asked how Ford could be in such a sad state when it has such a host of MBAs on its team. One thing that I find funny is watching The Apprentice and listening to these Harvard and Yale graduates prop them selves up on their own laurels, and then give excuses as to why they could not sell ice cream on the street. So much for MBAs! Some very talented people don't come from educated back grounds, and I have seen people turned down for jobs and promotions due to this and this alone.

Latest resources

Back