Pro sport team charter companies?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WorldSeries

does anyone know the name or know if there are certain compaines that fly 727, 737, 757 etc for pro teams like baseball, NBA, NHL, NFL. i have seen numerous white 737 and 757 parked in cities when there where pro sport games going on that the team had charter for the game. thanks

Pace airlines does a few in 737 and 757

WorldSeries said:
does anyone know the name or know if there are certain compaines that fly 727, 737, 757 etc for pro teams like baseball, NBA, NHL, NFL. i have seen numerous white 737 and 757 parked in cities when there where pro sport games going on that the team had charter for the game. thanks

I don't know much about who does the NFL or MLB stuff, but as far as NBA and NHL goes, it varies.

A lot of teams contract with an airline to do their charters. I know NW and DL charters are pretty big for sports. Sometimes the charter gets worked by the airline employees and sometimes it gets worked by the FBO. It all depends on the contract. Some teams either own their own planes or work through a management company that will operate one plane for one particular team. Others will contract with a charter company to do their trips, I know Pace is a big one that does that.

Professional sports charters are an interesting world, and I suspect even teams that have dedicated-use planes don't outright own them and instead have them managed by an outisde company.

On top of that, a lot of owners have their own personal planes.

Midwest Airlines

MA does a few Baseball teams (Brewers and Cubs I think) and a bunch of NBA and NHL teams. They have one particular airplane that has extra extra legroom for the big fellas.

-TC

the vikings had 2 Northwest 757's and one dc-9 in GRB for the packer game last year. I watched 4 black tour buses pull up and and the players divided and went into each plane. they werent at any gate so they started up and took off right away, it was kind of neat.
the wild owns/leases a 737-200 that they keep in STP at Regent, they used to keep it at Million Air but they didnt want to pay their fuel bill.

Packers Shuttle

The last time I flew into GRB, the Packers were boarding a Northwest 747-200.

I almost bumped into Brett Favre as I walked out!

Pretty impressive...the short term lot was full of Hummer H2's, Bentley's, and other VERY high end cars...

TF

Latest resources

Back