• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Priester Aviation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Priester is based at PWK in the Chicago area.

They currently manage 2 Citation 5, a Citation 2, a Challenger and 2 learjets. They is a possibility of another Challenger coming.

They have a schedule of 10 days on 5 days off. Generally speaking if they do not call you by 6:00 pm you are not required to take a trip. Generally on call from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.

They operate both Part 135 and 91. Obvisiously 91 is for the owners of the aircraft. They however, do try to keep duty days to 14 hours even under 91, thou sometimes their are exceptions.

If you have anymore questions let me know. I used to work their.

iflyhigh said:
They have a schedule of 10 days on 5 days off. Generally speaking if they do not call you by 6:00 pm you are not required to take a trip. Generally on call from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
I heard it was 13 on, 5 off from someone on the inside...

Thanks for the responses guys,
13 on 5 off sounds tough. I guess if you don't work on some of those days on it could be ok. Do you know about some trips in advance, or do you usually get informed the day of? Anyone want to put there neck on the line and estimate the pay scale?

Thanks again

Priester is a great operator. Good aircraft, better than average pay, and yes, even a schedule. You may not think 13 on 5 off is a good deal - but ask anyone flying charter elsewhere and I'll bet they'd kill to have this schedule. Priester is growing and adding pilots and aircraft in multiple locations throughout the US. The company has undergone somewhat of a renaissance in the past 2-3 years and is re-establishing it's dominance in the Chicago charter market. If you are looking for stability in this constantly shaky industry, then this would be a good place to plant roots for a while.

By the way, I do not fly for Priester.

Didn't they almost go tits up a few years ago? They used to be dominant at PWK, but I think Charlie p!ssed off the wrong outfits when it came to the FBO side of things. Do they still have a lear owned by Dick Ferris, the former cokehead boss of United?

Nimtz:

Dick Ferris learjet is still on the 135 Certificate. He has his own pilot, the other pilots do not fly him. The aircraft only flies a few charters a year, enough to get the tax right off.

Priester has made a great come back in the last few years. Their were many things that contributed to them losing business a few years ago.

Latest resources

Back