Presidential Aviation - Some Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RSixer said:
I've got a close friend that has been working there for about two years based in LAX, he honestly appears to be happy there. Sounds like a top notch company to work for, they pay really well, good airplanes, and good clientel base. Only thing is that they are going to be phasing out their Lears over the next few years, that sucks for the Lears drivers, but its only what I've heard.

I presume they would replace them with something else... I think I saw their GIISP a few days ago in TEB. Looked like a nice aircraft - very loud though.

On Your Six said:
I presume they would replace them with something else... I think I saw their GIISP a few days ago in TEB. Looked like a nice aircraft - very loud though.

Yeah, the GIISP and the GIII are pretty loud in general. I would guess (maybe incorrectly) that they hushkitted - right? Regardless, there's something about that GIISP that I really like despite its age and its worn airframe.

I have a friend who has been there for several years. He likes the pay. He likes the QOL. Has said very little bad things, alot of good things. HopaJet does pay by the day. But it is a big outfit. so whatever.

Stealthh21 said:
I have a friend who has been there for several years. He likes the pay. He likes the QOL. Has said very little bad things, alot of good things. HopaJet does pay by the day. But it is a big outfit. so whatever.

What's your definition of a big outfit? 6 planes, half of which still fly after the Chinese group bought them out? Most of there birds aren't evem RVSMed.

I parked next to the Presidential GIISP a few weeks ago. Like most GIIs it looked a bit weathered. That being said, the crew was nice and appeared happy.

As far as South Florida charter ops, both Presidential and Hopajet have pretty good reputations - although I hadn't heard about the pay-per-day deal at Hopajet. That's pretty disturbing if it's true. Are the daily rates at least competitive? That must be or they would have a serious retention issue...

Shamus said:
What's your definition of a big outfit? 6 planes, half of which still fly after the Chinese group bought them out? Most of there birds aren't evem RVSMed.

Hi Shamus.

What is your definition of RVSMed? Haven't found it in the dictionary yet. For a typical charter company, 6 planes is a pretty good size. Anyway, he was asking about another company. If you would like to discuss the size of Hop-a-jet, lets start another thread. ok?

Latest resources

Back