Piston Twin 135 Salary

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bptham

Any idea on what a good salary esitmate would be on flying two separate piston twin aircaft? Each aircraft flies about 200-250 hours per year. Thanks guys...

$25K-$35K...depending on what you fly and where you will be flying from.

Wish I could help, most places in S. FL pay by the hour, and some by the mile. Usually $20 per hour or 16 cents per mile, but that's S. FL

South Florida is very nice. I was out there earlier this week at FXE. Worse places in the world to be I guess. How's the flying down there?

bptham said:
Any idea on what a good salary esitmate would be on flying two separate piston twin aircaft? Each aircraft flies about 200-250 hours per year. Thanks guys...
Who cares how many hours a year the plane flies? If they pay you 1 million dollars an hour to fly the planes and they only fly the planes one hour that year, you only make 1 million dollars that year.

If they pay you one dollar an hour and the planes fly 1 million hours that year, you still make a million dollars.

I got paid this for starting pay at my first 135 job about 8 years ago, 400 a month base and 150 a day. Company credit card for expenses like meals and etc, medical and dental. The first year I was there, I made 38K before taxes.

If they are going to fly you a lot, you want to get hourly or daily rate, if they aren't going to fly you a lot, you want to get salary.

If you're just doing it to log time, then do it for free...the guy that has to fill your shoes after you leave will thank you.

IHateMgmt said:
I would say $28k to $45k. Aim high brotha.

-IHM
If he overbids, someone who has a more realistic concept of their worth as a pilot, will get the job.

FN FAL said:
Who cares how many hours a year the plane flies?

I got paid this for starting pay at my first 135 job about 8 years ago... The first year I was there, I made 38K before taxes.

If you're just doing it to log time, then do it for free...the guy that has to fill your shoes after you leave will thank you.

If he overbids, someone who has a more realistic concept of their worth as a pilot, will get the job.

Wow... those are some real words of wisdom, FN FAL. Fly for free? Overbid with 28-45? I can tell what your concept of worth is. BTW, the guy who has to fill your shoes will hate you as you have lowered the bar to rock bottom.

-IHM

Latest resources

Back