• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Our woman in New York put yours to shame! You can't even compare, so don't bother."

Only a yankee would say that about HILLARY CLINTON!!!!!

I must say, the MSP pilots do dress a lot better than the MEM or DTW folks. I personally have seen the cowboy boots, which is not bad except for the guy who wears the silver tips on the toes (no kidding). I have seen an array of different sweaters, faded black, now gray trousers, and yellow pilot shirts. I am not trying to be critical of anyone, but there doesn't seem to be any pride in the uniform in the pilot group.

Pinnacle had some guys walk the Mesaba informational line a while back. The Mesaba guys wouldn't let the Pinnacle guys walk in the line until they wore the standard uniform and hat.

I think there are a lot of pilots who mean well, but there are a lot of guys with chips on their shoulders. They thought they were only going to be at Pinnacle fior a short time, then move on to a major.

I think there needs to be a lot of realigning of mentality within the pilot group, the corporate culture, and training culture in order to have the success they are wanting with 100+ jets.

Last edited:
Only a yankee would say that about HILLARY CLINTON!!!!!

F*** That!!! She's an imposter, not a real NY'er and never will be! As for anyone else who's been to the City...you can't spit without hitting a beautiful girl. And on Long Island, you can't spit twice without hitting one.

Down south your girls eat gritz, fried chicken, drink wiskey, and ride around in the backs up pick-up trucks. Fat by their twenties. No thank you.

I'll second Deftone45075's comments on NY'ers...

Except that while I am from Long Island... If your not flying something with more than 100 seats for the last... 3-4 years... You cannot afford a Long Island woman nor a REAL NYC girl (unless you count the bronx or maybe brooklyn).

Last time I looked those flying under 100 seats still needed to live in basement apartments or with thier folks (#1 turn-off for a LI girl).

If given a choice.. I would take a southern lady, at least most of them would not be able to drink me under the table and do not EXPECT that Mercedes on the 5th anniversary.

As for my brothers and sisters at Pinnacle... Coming from another regional who use "impressions of excellence" as a gude (I think that was the books name). We are truly the furthest from a "standard" uniform. Then again with 3-4 DIFFERENT suppliers what could one expect?

As for the hats.. It is true... Fading Dockers.. True. More variations of the leather coat then Wilsons Leather inventory.. True... Ties.. True... Shoes.. True..
You may call it a respect thing, but it is lack of management, lack of standard supplier, and hell... if you could buy dockers for $25 rather than pay $50, what whould you do? Don't forget that on our regional pay you can afford 2 pairs of dockers or 1 pair of uniform pants

We ARE the worst dressed in the industry, but we also have the cheapest uniforms in the industry (if you count all that non-standard stuff)

Hi!

I interviewed with Pinnacle (then Express Airlines I-also known as NW Airlink) in May, 2001.

They are 100% owned by NWA, and NWA was planning on spinning them off like CO did with CoEx, but NWA couldn't get a decent price for the stock, so the spin-off has been delayed indefinitely.

They will fly U in for the interview and to start training.

In training:
No pay
No perdiem
No housing, or extra money to help with living expenses
No ID card (so no jumpseating)
No free/reduced cost passes given out while in training.

I'm not sure if pay, etc. starts after the sim check or after completion of IOE.

I commute on them some, and all of the pilots I've met were friendly and very professional. A lot of them mention that their pay is low. Their CRJs are awesome!

They have hubs in MEM, DTW and MSP. They used to have Saab-340s, but I think they're all gone now.

There was (& I think still is) no sim. All of the people I met in the interview process were freindly and professional.

Cliff
GRB

GCD said:
PCL_128,

Just curious, not trying to pick a fight with you, but why are you anti RJDC? Have you been to their web site?:confused:

www.rjdefense.com

Yep, I've been to their website many times. Nothing but a bunch of lies and rhetoric. Do a search for my previous posts on the RJDC and you'll see why I have such a disrespect for these guys.

Latest resources

Back