Pinnacle Hiring Restrictions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FO4life said:
This is the kicker! I have 2000Hrs with ATP and LR-JET type, Applyed with pinnacle last yr and Still not called. However a 500hr pilot flying rt seat.
Thats me God's hacky sac.

That's because they think guys like you and me with the extra 1K hours are disgruntled because we aren't flyin a 757 now! It's not our fault, the industry owes us at least that. Did I forget to mention Left seat?

ERAU grads at PCL

Yes, we have 250tt guys coming through. I flew with one directly out of college. These individuals are from ERAU w approximately 250 tt in airplane. in addition to this they get 200 hrs MD-90 sim time. So say 450tt. This is the airline training that ERAU offers. The guy maybe had 25 hours in an actual multi engine airplane before coming to pinnacle besides his MD-90 sim time.

over the top

I can personally say that I have advanced faster than I should, I'm 21 and meet most reginal mins. Flying larger aircraft to early in your carrer makes you not appreciate it. IE I went to a big school with lots of nice planes, I came back and worked at an FBO I respect nice aircraft and hard work soo much more than I use to. All I wanted to do was go fly an RJ when I really wasn't ready. I think there is something to say for the growing up you do as a professional pilot by flying a Cessna 152 every day for a few months.

And the harder you have to work for it you really respect it a little more

just 2 cents

in-house programs.. they have gone under 300TT but wanted 75 ME or better. Not all of those made it, and some are still waiting for a class date (some have waited over a year)

141 programs... What Lear70 and others are saying are true.. again under 300TT but those are few and far between. Maybe 1 or 2 per class and some class sizes have had 30.

GIA program.. still a handful coming through that program...

Lately.. I have seen more CFI's than freight dogs and corp pilots. Most of the CFI's have better than 1000TT with some in the 2000+ range.

The one thing that I found intersting is that those with experience are lasting about 6 months before moving on.

Those that came from those 141 programs/GIA are lasting about the same and moving to another regional that they did not qualify for when they came to Pinnacle.

Nonconnah is aware of the revolving door, although they don't have an answer. It is so bad that we actually have people leaving in the middle of OE or within in days of completion.

dondk said:
The one thing that I found intersting is that those with experience are lasting about 6 months before moving on.

Those that came from those 141 programs/GIA are lasting about the same and moving to another regional that they did not qualify for when they came to Pinnacle.

Nonconnah is aware of the revolving door, although they don't have an answer. It is so bad that we actually have people leaving in the middle of OE or within in days of completion.
ROFLMAO !!

GOOD! Let management see that the QOL is so bad even NEW HIRES ON PROBATION leave after the company just spent $15k to $20k on them for training.

Buddy C is smart enough to put the two together, although I don't know if any good will come of it, but it would be an amusing negotiating session:

"Well, maybe YOU think the current contract is good, but HOW much money have we spent on pilots who don't even stay here a YEAR before they find a better job?" *snicker* ;)

I just flew with one of the ERAU CAPT program grads a few days ago. He certainly lacked the experience and needed help with some minor stuff, but overall he was a pretty good FO. I believe we currently have 4 CAPT grads on line with more on the way.

About 18 months ago Pinnacle Airlines began an aggressive program to start a second certificate and gain more regional flying from other carriers. They held them selves out to be the lowest cost operator with high operational reliability and a great safety record. It was easy to hide the poor operating conditions due to no infrastructure. It was easy to hide reliability failures with the excuse of weather. It was not easy to hide an aircraft wreckage in Missouri. Not to worry there was a plan. But that plan failed and this mess started when the NTSB bared the New York public relations firm from joining the accident investigation or those assholes from ALPA showing the companies total lack of safety culture, safety programs or experienced pilots.

Plan B. Admit failures and blame everyone else for them. The first step was an aggressive media campaign against ALPA. ALPA held up safety programs for political gain. Step two. Show the world you have to be qualified and experienced to fly a Pinnacle Airplane with a national recruitment campaign.

These numbers mean nothing to you and me. They are nothing but image enhancement for a company that is still aggressively pursuing other flying.

I too have flown with one of the ERAU CAPT grads. I also just flew with a FO that had been here less than 3 months and 8 of his classmates were already gone.

FO4life said:
This is the kicker! I have 2000Hrs with ATP and LR-JET type, Applyed with pinnacle last yr and Still not called. However a 500hr pilot flying rt seat.
Thats me God's hacky sac.

You should send a thank you note to the HR staff at Pinnacle! You can't even imagine the magnatude of the favor they've done you by not calling. Take your corporate experience and get a real job. Trust me, and all of us on this board, being at Pinnacle(especially right now) is NOT a job to be upset about not having!

CL

Latest resources

Back