Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain X

Who is John Galt?
At a recent national aviation conference in DC it was speculated that Pinnacle Airlines is a prime target to be bought.

Anybody have an idea how many pilots are at Pinnacle?

Only CL-65s now? ALL the TPs are gone, right?

Any 70-seater's on Pinnacle's Horizon?

Bought? I doubt it... NWA wants something like $450 million (they bought us for 4.5 million a few years back (my numbers may be slightly off))

NWA is considering putting us public and has stated so many times.

Currently all CL-65 fleet, about 70 on the property now with another 59 by the end of '05

just shy of 700 pilots with about another 500 to come by the end of '05

If there are 70 seaters, no one is saying so.. Some diehard believers "think" we will get some, but that some may only be a handful. NWA has to loosen the scope before it will even be considered...

It could be true, but not in the sense that nost people would think. Right now we are owned completely by NWA. The have file and revised and IPO several times. It is their intention to take Pinnacle public. When the do that we will be sold in small portions to lots of people. I don't think we would be sold to another airline.

I think it will be more like Express Jet, and not like Reno or Morris.

I saw a CRJ with a "YV" tail number. It was white with a red tail on it, kind of like it was hastily painted over.
It was in the hangar in PHX and was draped around with plastic.
Heard it from a senior training Captain who was jumpseating on his way to bandcamp with a couple stockholders.

Love this stuff!

acaTerry said:
I saw a CRJ with a "YV" tail number. It was white with a red tail on it, kind of like it was hastily painted over.
It was in the hangar in PHX and was draped around with plastic.
Heard it from a senior training Captain who was jumpseating on his way to bandcamp with a couple stockholders.

Love this stuff!

Good bait...:D I always thought Mesa jets tail numbers ended either in MJ or were just numbers. I know some of the 1900's and some DHC-8's had YV but never seen a jet with YV. Then again, I have never been into the mountain time zone and I doubt I ever will with Pinnacle.:rolleyes:

RE: tail #'s at Pinnacle. The first number is the NW World Flight number(8), the next three is the Bombardier production number(eg: 390), the 390th CRJ made at the factory, and they all end with a letter. I don't think there is any significance to the end letter.

The letter is the first available in the FAA registration database for the preceeding numbers. eg. N8390A (the spirit of orange mound)--first, and N8410F--sixth.

you may have seen a Kendal Airlines CRJ from Australia...we've taken quite a few of them...they were white...and it's being repainted in U colors. We've flow a bunch around the U system in white with a U colored tail, until the full paint job could be applied.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back