PIMP my 727 RIDE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

A1FlyBoy

A Mexican limousine company based in Guadalajara, Mexico has come up with what may be the ultimate luxury limousine: a converted Boeing 727 airliner.

Limousines de Guadalajara Vaca Meters removed the 108-foot wing and tail section from a 727 and turned it into what may be the world's largest land cruiser. The vehicle is able to carry 50 passengers along the highway at speeds of up to 125 mph.

For $500 an hour (minimum three hours) customers can book a trip in the 727 limo. A six-cylinder, turbocharged diesel replaces the 727's three P&W JT8D jet engines, and truck-style wheels, suspension and air brakes replace the landing gear.

"We made a superhuman effort to bring the plane's parts here," said Martin Vaca, the limousine company's owner. Some 60 people worked on the plane for three months to transform it from jetliner to limousine, he added.

The standard Boeing 727-100 is 153.2 feet long, 34 feet high and weighs around 98,400 pounds empty. The converted limo, however, is 59 feet long, 13 feet high and weighs in at 12,000 pounds. Interior amenities include a dance club, bar and lounge outfitted with neon strobe lights and first-class audio and video systems. The limo sports 30 of the 727's original fuselage windows but instead of cruising at 39,000 feet, it's a ground-level view for the passengers.

landings.com/_landings/pacflyer/may8-2004/Mn-94-mexican-727-li.html

A1FlyBoy said:
A Mexican limousine company based in Guadalajara, Mexico has blah, blah, blah...
Yeah, yeah, whatever...tell us about your avatar!

Wonder what one of them baby's cost to build?

And yeah A1FlyBoy, tell us about your avatar!

And like I said A1FlyBoy, tell us about your avatar! Maybe this is a subject for a different thread ... :)

Save fuel

Hey at least that Mexican SUV is more Fuel efficient than anything we have here in the US. How do I get my hands on one of those???

Just watch those cow patties.

Latest resources

Back