Pilot's Letter of Resignation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

freddriver20

Anyone know of where I can go to find good sample LOR's from a pilot's perspective? Plenty online, almost all are dealing with corporate, white collar office jobs. Thanks!

Photocopy your middle finger and send it in. :D

(Sorry, I have no clue where to look.)

I prefer the "Half Baked" method of quiting....

You walk into the Chief Pilots Office a say.....

F-- You
F-- You
Your Cool
F-- You

IM OUT!!!!!!

Freddy,

There really shouldn't be much, if any, difference between a corporate resignation letter and a pilot's resignation letter. Keep it short and sweet... no need to give an explanation. And don't use it to complain either. Tell them you are resigning, give an effective date, and thank them for the opportunities they have provided. Someone else on this board asked basically the same question as you have and there was some good advice given... here is a link. About midway down the first page you'll find an example letter posted by Dave Benjamin... it's very similar to the letter I used for my last resignation and, as a matter of fact, the guy who asked the question used it to resign his position. I would recommend it or something like it. Best of luck!

cc

I just read some where where the Resignation letters are part of your PRIA records.....not sure if this is try, but another reason to do as Clutch said..keep it simple....JMHO

rvsm410 said:
I just read some where where the Resignation letters are part of your PRIA records.....not sure if this is try, but another reason to do as Clutch said..keep it simple....JMHO
True true…

When I got my latest 135 gig, I got a copy of everything my last 135 employer sent to my new boss. On the top of everything was my letter of resignation.

So keep it short and simple

When I got my latest 135 gig, I got a copy of everything my last 135 employer sent to my new boss. On the top of everything was my letter of resignation

So I guess a resignation letter with the old saying

"I upped my standards, so up yours"

gets passed along to your new employer?

Dear (name of chief pilot),

I am resigning my position as (first officer/captain) effective (two weeks from date of letter).

I will be sending my ID and manuals to your office via (fedex, UPS, USPS) today, and you should receive them shortly. Please mail my final paycheck to my address on file.

I've enjoyed working for you and will have fond memories of working for Bankrupt Airlines.

Thank you,

I.A. Pilot

Clutch_Cargo said:
Freddy,

There really shouldn't be much, if any, difference between a corporate resignation letter and a pilot's resignation letter. Keep it short and sweet... no need to give an explanation. And don't use it to complain either. Tell them you are resigning, give an effective date, and thank them for the opportunities they have provided. Someone else on this board asked basically the same question as you have and there was some good advice given... here is a link. About midway down the first page you'll find an example letter posted by Dave Benjamin... it's very similar to the letter I used for my last resignation and, as a matter of fact, the guy who asked the question used it to resign his position. I would recommend it or something like it. Best of luck!

cc

thanks clutch, that looks almost exactly like what I've seen online, with a couple of minor changes.

Latest resources

Back