Pilots high Death rate

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stifler's Mom said:
Probably because roofers only fall one or two stories to the ground and end up with broken limbs and back injuries instead. Or they possibly could land in a bush or some shrubs which would lead to a lower death rate as well. :cool:

The totals seem low, not the death rate

What a highly underratedmovie. Its nice to know that such folks are hanging around here who appreciate a good crappy early 90's movie.

"whatcha going to do with those pies boys?"

There some dangerous jobs out there, I once heard a rumor that the plane won't kill you but the pilot will, keep in mind flying is safe, logging, omg I wouldn't never do that, how about coal mining and black lund disease?

Interesting, how about Nascar drivers? any survery on them? Yeah go Danicka! How about a bounty hunter, is that included n the the survey?

How about a 711 woerker, i heard conveniecnce stores are hold up all the time!

Safe flying, be safe!

MisskittyKat

I once heard a rumor that the plane won't kill you but the pilot will
Planes don't kill people ... pilots do. :(

About old pro pilots ... I, too, have noticed there aren't many old, retired airline guys around. Seems like they tend to kick off way before 70 years old or so. I've met a few older corporate guys, but only one really old 121 guy (retired AA captain with a Stearman). Maybe it's all that hard-living, long haul stuff? We'll see, when all the regional Captains start retiring en masse in 20 years, whether it was just 121 in general that stresses 'em out, or long haul across times zones make'n 'em kick faster. :D

Minh
(Someone should do a study.)

Latest resources

Back