Pilots get the shaft on "Bachelorette"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
....it's that all women are cold, calculating, shallow [biatches]."

(in a Jimmy Stewart drawl) Waaaaaal, that explains it!

man: What?

J: "Waaaaal that explains why they all like Hillary Clinton. They're just like SHE is!"

Shawn Millionare: 20 women fight over for Shawn who they think is a pilot that makes $300,000 a year flying a 747 for Delta, in reality he is a ERAU student with no class that is currently over $50,000 in debt.

Will true love triumph over a flight instructors salary? Or will he just tell him that he plays paino at a whorehouse, tune in next week for the premire of Shawn Millionare.

ok, it's bad that I watched most of the show. It was a good laugh for 45 minutes. One of those pilots was pretty easy to pick out. They mentioned the professions of some of the guys before bringing them to meet her and told her there were a few pilots in the bunch. The one who I could tell right away was a pilot was a carbon copy of what I used to see in airline commercials growing up; 6'2", black hair, thin, hair perfectly molded. Like I said, it was a good laugh. And in case some of you out there missed it they had interviewed last nights losers and put three of the best whiners on after she made her picks and two of the three were the pilots!

By the way, Timebuilder, although I have to agree on the shallow part of the show, she does have a masters degree so she can't be too dumb......

I bet almost every guy on this board (except the happily married ones) would go for her.

Great post MYF!!!!

By the way, Timebuilder, although I have to agree on the shallow part of the show, she does have a masters degree so she can't be too dumb......

A master's degree, like many things, isn't what it used to be.

I know several folks with master's degrees who are excellent illustrations of politically correct, low expectations, low requirements individuals.

It was just two years ago that I was a part of a college faculty, and I can tell you that most degrees are a matter of time and money, and not special intellectual gifts. Much of the typical college syllabus is focused on indoctrination through the current topics of "women's studies", "minority studies", "ecological awareness", "economic systems of capitalist oppression" and others, ad nauseum.

Now, if she achieved her master's in 1968, she has my respect.

That would be difficult for her to accomplish as a few chains of proteins in her father, and waiting egg in her mother. :)

hmmmm, I received my Masters of Science in Finance last May. Not a big deal but a nice accomplishment. And although I would very much agree that there are some people for whom any degree shouldn't mean much if anything, getting through a tough program is no joke and can't be accomplished just on time and money. Effort and intelligence make a difference. There are people I know with bachelor's degrees who I doubt could finish a Masters program. I was one of those when I was around 23 or 24 years old. Just not disciplined enough at the time.

And there were no women's studies courses in my program, just like probably 99% of master's programs in the U.S. Most master's level programs are for specializing, not broad based liberal arts courses. Again, I don't think this woman Trista is an intellectual idiot. Seemed like she had some brains....she didn't pick any of the pilots:D

Mr. I.

CFI... Financially Secure?

I also watched the show with my wife.

The best part is when the flight instructor dude was briefly talking about himself (at the beginning of the show), he said that he was "financially secure"!

Huh? As a CFI I'm dumbfounded! Where the hell is this dude teaching?

As I sit here typing this, there's a fellow CFI in the same room "whoring" himself out... Saying things to his student like, "Don't worry about ground. It's free."

Disgusting.

GEUAviator

I agree.

There are certainly some very tough programs out there right now. My point is that, generally speaking, the requirements for many degrees, even advanced degrees, are lower than they had been previously. Finance is a tough one. Well done!

And you are correct: she was smart enough to avoid the pilots!!!

Fly, maybe you should have a "daily avatar" feature. First cheerleaders, now Anna. Good thing I'm still in good shape, and won't stroke out!

:D :D :D

Lucky for "Joe" the millionaire he drives a bulldozer for 19 grand a year. He could be a first year retgional FO for Freedom making 16K w/60,000 in Pan Am Flight Academy dues to pay off. Obviously the shows producers didn't want to stoop TOO low...

Hmpf. "Truckmasters is it?"

Not me: NYU.

She may have some redeeming qualities, but I am still struck by the apparent lack of personal integrity being displayed by these participants on these shows, Trista included.

Indeed, it's one thing to be shallow, and another to be willing to display this shortcoming of character for all to see on television, and then to compound it by being shameless in that exhibition.

Latest resources

Back