Pilots' Bar Tab

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bigD said:
Making jokes about prison rape and actually wishing it upon these guys are two very different things. Chris Rock's tossed salad bit is one of his most quoted segments, and people joke about it all the time. Doesn't mean they actually wish it on anyone. And personally, these guys brought the jokes on themselves. I don't have one ounce of pity for them.

Yes, they gave the profession a black eye. But worse, they showed a complete lack of respect for the responsibility they have to the people that ride in the back of their airplane. THAT is was pisses me off about this.

I agree 100% with this statement!

view of an attorney...

Before moving over to the corporate side of the legal world (not to fear, I DON'T represent ANY airlines), I used to do quite a bit of criminal defense work, which included drunk driving cases. Assuming the various media reports are accurate, these guys are completely hosed (as well they should be). In my opinion, no defense lawyer, be he or her Johnny Cochrane, Clarence Darrow, William Kunstler or any of the other greats, would have any chance whatsoever of winning this case.

At times it was difficult representing some criminal defendants because they were complete dirtbags and really did not grasp what they did was wrong. That part was sort of scary sometimes.

At others, it was incredibly fulfilling because the State/cops sometimes just didn't do their job by either outrageously abusing someone's constitutional rights and/or they really did get the wrong person. Or, if they may have had the right person, they were unbelievably lazy in their investigation and just did not have the evidence (or obtained the evidence through methods that were not in accordance with the constitution's safeguards).

Either way, the one thing that I never did ask a client during that period was, "Dude, what were you THINKING? You were thinking that no one would NOTICE their car (or stereo or whatever it was) was missing???!!!" Or, in the case of these two bozos, "Fellas, what? You didn't think that anyone would NOTICE that you're both walking around with the cartoon-like bubbles floating around your heads after boozing up for at least six hours and then, presumably, sleeping for about four before catching the van to MIA? What were you THINKING, dudes?"

On a related note, what's up with the FAs apparently not bringing this to the attention of someone at AWA ground in MIA (if they have one - or does NWA do their service - I don't know)? How can you NOT notice the "sweet odor of alcohol" eminating from these dudes on the VAN from the hotel to MIA (assuming there was one)?

Or, I wonder whether a FA brought their condition to the attention of one of the security screeners in the first place?

I have to get back to billing clients. :)

Latest resources

Back