Pilot vs Flight attendant fatigue policies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Happy New Year?

Did you forget your valuim today yip? They were referring to real airlines, not some scum sucking bottom feeders where you try and fire every guy that works for you for not flying some broken POS airplane!
Does this mean we can't be friends? Speaking of Valium, have you tried changing your meds, they say after using the same one for while it may loose its effectiveness and a new sedative should be used. Having all this anger corked up inside is not healthy, however if using me as a sounding board makes you feel better I understand, and you can call on me any time you feel you need some more counseling over the phone. BTW I speeled Valium correctly, could this be another sign of your instablility?

When I was a F/A fatigue was never a factor because we had a contract that was better than what the FARs provided. Here's an excerpt:

A Flight Attendant shall not be scheduled to be on duty for more than ten and one-half (10:30) consecutive hours nor will she/he be required to remain on duty in excess of twelve and one-half (12:30) hours.

A duty period shall run continuously unless broken by an overnight rest period that is scheduled for eleven (11) hours from block to block.

Now if we could just de-certify ALPA and go with TWU maybe we could get language like this.......

Does this mean we can't be friends? Speaking of Valium, have you tried changing your meds, they say after using the same one for while it may loose its effectiveness and a new sedative should be used. BTW I speeled Valium correctly, could this be another sign of your instablility?

LOSE / LOOSE

:smash:

Does anyone remember the flight where they suspected it crashed because the flight attendants were fatigued?

How is that even possible? :rolleyes:

So because they don't fly the plane they should have to work fatigued?
Or are you just "better" than them? Perhaps you prefer to call them "coke servers"?

Ever heard of door slides being blown at the gate because a flight attendant was fatigued?

How is that even possible? :rolleyes:

So because they don't fly the plane they should have to work fatigued?
Or are you just "better" than them? Perhaps you prefer to call them "coke servers"?

Ever heard of door slides being blown at the gate because a flight attendant was fatigued?

What the heck are you talking about? The coke servers is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, coke server is not the preferred nomenclature. Aisle-Donkey, please.

Lighten up FLUF.

Let me interject a little reality here as well. I don't think FAs should have to work fatigued, but what I or you think is of little or no consequence to airline policy-making. Airlines, as money making enterprises, would likely reject your example concerning a blown slide due to fatigue for a few reasons.

One, the limit of liability that would come out of a blown slide/slide related fatality would probably be less than the cost of hiring additional FAs to cover "fatigue calls". Blown slides happen with a fair amount of regularity and usually with little consequence.

Two, there has never been a specific cited accident that was as a result of FA fatigue.

Finally, we just heard of a another airline (albeit a scumbag co.) who just canceled their FA fatigue program due to abuse.

So why would an airline voluntarily put in place a fatigue program for FA's that has no proven efficacy in preventing accidents, costs money, and is prone to abuse?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back