Pilot Logbook Excel Spreadsheet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

gwilson

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Over the past 3 years of flying, I have maintained my flightlog in Excel. As I logged more and more flights, I started adding features to the spreadsheet to include things like hours by tail#, hours by airplane type, currency checks, graphs, etc.

Some of my pilot friends have started using the log and suggested that I sell it, which I did for over a year at $5/copy which paid for a few tanks of fuel...but now, I've decided to give it away for free. I will be adding other free and very low-cost (<$10) pilot stuff shortly.

You can grab a copy from http://www.cheappilot.com

There is a quick flash movie on the site that shows the various pages and graphs using my own flight data as the example.

You can customize it to meet your own requirements with a little Excel knowledge. Nothing is locked or protected. If you are already using Excel, you can easily copy your data into the new spreadsheet to take advantage of the advanced features.

Thanks,

Greg
[/FONT]

Thanks for doing that, I'll check it out. I have used an excel log for years, though I only updated it shorty before interviews to tally up my totals. I quit totalling pages on my paper logbook (which is a couple years out of date now) years back. I found that entering data en masse, on logbook specific software, is much slower than just spitting them onto excel.

Exactly. I like being able to copy/paste from the previous row and change the numbers that need changing.

I update my paper logbook every couple of months. I carry my paper logbook with a recent printout of my excel spreadsheet folded inside the cover.

I also added some lines in mine to help me track when my BFR, IFR cert and other items are due.

Greg

Latest resources

Back