pilot jobs in Iraq

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

safety214

Anyone else hearing rumors about copmanies hiring fr8dogs for work in Iraq? I heard about ACC but was wondering if any of you had heard anything else.

I was just out there and heard the Army has turned over there Cherpa flying to civilian contractors. I don't know what company though.

Ah...the Sherpa. Pig wrestling at it's best! Have fun and good luck whomever applies!

Eric

Who's blackwater? Is it a current day Air America? Sounds like fun - only if I wasn't married and 15 years younger.

Baja.

Blackwater Security

Blackwater USA is a security company founded by a navy seal guy who works closely with the U.S. government to supply assistance in key places around the world including Iraq.

The company provides private security assistance in the form of security agents, armed guards, medical support, flight crew, etc. About a year and a half ago I posted a whole bunch of information about pilot jobs in and around Iraq on my aviation job site. Got a lot of attention from site members. The pay was phenomenally good, but the danger level extremely high.

Probably a great company for the Jack Bauer type! :uzi:

Just looked at their website - looks like fun. I've got the Brasilia type - sign me up!! I wonder what the life expetancy is doing that kind of flying?? Anyone know a ballpark of what they were paying??

Baja.

Fins Up said:
I was just out there and heard the Army has turned over there Cherpa flying to civilian contractors. I don't know what company though.

I wish this were true. The National Guard owns all of the C-23s in the Army, except for a few that might still be at Ft. Rucker. Our State's unit just got back and is due to go again in a year or so.

I know a guy up in Portland that flew King Airs for Blackwater and he loved it...good pay, lots of flying, but wasn't home for over a year.

John (wishing I wasn't C-23 qual'd)

Latest resources

Back