Piedmont Recalling Furloughees and Hirin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dashflyer

A class for June 23rd has been announced calling back the remaining 11 furloughees that were left. One additional new-hire is supposed to be in the class too. If any of the 11 furloughees don't come back, then that means more new-hires.

There will be a total of 12 in class.

Bad news is, we're supposed to lose 7 more airplanes at the end of the year. So if you get hired, you might get furloughed by Christmas.

dashflyer said:
A class for June 23rd has been announced calling back the remaining 11 furloughees that were left. One additional new-hire is supposed to be in the class too. If any of the 11 furloughees don't come back, then that means more new-hires.

There will be a total of 12 in class.

Bad news is, we're supposed to lose 7 more airplanes at the end of the year. So if you get hired, you might get furloughed by Christmas.

Thats fantastic news!! Hopefully the jet order is around the corner and you won't have to furlough anyone.

I've been saying it for the last three onth's. Both ALG and PDT have nothing to worry about. This is only the beginning for all three of us.

Sorry I can't give the details.

328dude,

I know that you can't give details, but maybe you can speculate on possible future orders for PSA and the rest of the Wholly-owns.

;)

The recall is a great thing. What was the reason for the recall, was it because of attrition or just a positive outlook for more flying to come PDT's way? I have been in ALG's pilot pool for quite some time. All my pilot friends that work at ALG say they are so short of pilots and still no class date. Anyone have any idea why? Is one in the near future at ALG like it is at PDT? Once again, congratulations to those of you that were recalled.

Attrition to AirTran and ATA, plus some FO's went to AirWhiskey and ACA...
No talks of RJ's yet, only rumor of the 25 CRJ 700's maybe coming to Piedmont or ALG, probably whoever lower bids the other to fly them and allows 100% mainline guys to fly them. Makes me sick!!!!!
Who knows, could all work out for everyone.. Atleast PSA will be getting RJ's and we can end this 10-11 Contrat carrier crap and outsourcing of fly!! Keep all flying within US Group is what i say..

"No talks of RJ's yet, only rumor of the 25 CRJ 700's maybe coming to Piedmont or ALG, probably whoever lower bids the other to fly them and allows 100% mainline guys to fly them. Makes me sick!!!!!"

F'in A brother

I love how Allegheny put out a letter that had among other things a statement about letting mainline guys fly 100% of the 700 on our properity so we can have "the benifits and pay associated with them when the mainline pilots return to Airways".

Yeah whats this 25 jets crapola? At 50% thats 12.5 jets for ALG and PDT. That means only the top 64 pilots at PDT and ALG get to stay. What a deal!!!!!! I'd rather have an order of 50 seaters that doubles our fleet size so nobody hits the street.

But its not only management, now our MEC thinks they can solve all this with a "red pen" campaign and by yelling at our management people. Whatever.

Also at the end of the summer (most likely Sept) we will park 4 or 5 planes so look for 32-40 furloughs, unless more people leave. Right now there is alot of Capt open time and many capts are being extended but NO UPGRADES PLANNED. As for FO's or newhires I seroiusly doubt they will hire anyone (they don't want to spend the $$$) especially seeing that CP has already told some FO's at the bottom that they will be furloughed when the 4-5 planes go.

O well guess we'll see, any PSA guys want to recommend a downgraded ALG pilot?

Hmm, let me see. Sorry my friend, can't do it.

ALG and PDT will be getting 50 seaters though if that helps.

Don't let this 70 seater crap shift your thinking. All three MEC's have agreed 50/50 or they will not be flying at a wholly owned. With respect to 50 seaters. The 25 70-seaters are a fraction of whats to come.

Learlove,

I know things still look alittle grim, but I honestly belive that it'll all work out good for all of us. But I'll gladly walk in your stuff for ya here if you like.

Latest resources

Back