• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guitar Guy said:
Does that include the Citation X's? :confused:

OOOOhhhhhh, in the words of Martin Lawrence......'BOO-F-ING-YA!!!"

Don't forget the CE-650's, that's a .83 to .85 airplane. It'll outrun the hell out of a lot of stuff.

Hell our Encore will do .73-.74 all day long and outclimb a LR-35.

Workin'Stiff said:
haha... Capn', sounds like you've got a true warm spot in the heart for CE's, huh???

Broke my jet cherry in 'em, and my type rating cherry in 'em. They'll always be near the top of my list. :)

And sometimes that slower speed means that you hit duty- and flight-time limits with less legs.:D

Guitar Guy said:
And sometimes that slower speed means that you hit duty- and flight-time limits with less legs.:D

That's one thing I LOVE about my company.....I've never even come close. Every time I've had a long duty day (13 hours is the longest I've ever had), they call me before and ask me if it's OK. One time, I'd flown the afternoon before, got back about 8:00, and had an early departure the next morning, (7am I think), and they asked me if it would be OK to stick another trip on the end of it to bring me up to a long day, (about 13 hours), and I was like "well.....I guess I could..." and they were like, "no, we can tell you don't want to, it's OK, we'll split it up and put another crew on the 2nd part." They don't pay me much, but there sure is a lot to be said for treating me right, and they certainly do that.

In all honesty, no company can force you to fly. If you're tired, it's YOUR responsibility to say that you are fatigued. It's not about being nice or taking one for the team, it's about being safe and professional.

yeah the P. 180 is the fastest tp flying

service ceiling FL410 300+ kts.

those darn Italians................

Can any of you P180 drivers out there give me an idea of the mechanical reliability of these planes? I am helping someone select and buy a turboprop and I don't know much about the P180. I've heard a lot about the performance capability of the airplane, but is it reliable? I've heard one bad story (second hand) and I'd like to get some more input on this.

Thanks,

C425Driver

poydras said:
yeah the P. 180 is the fastest tp flying

service ceiling FL410 300+ kts.

those darn Italians................

average 375, 390 on a good day.....so more like 400- kts ;)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back