• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

phx app ?.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
why is it when going into phx, no other a/c in area, with cavu conditions you are vectored darned near to a straight in untill they clear you for the vis. was coming in the other morn early, on downwind for 25L, one other a/c on final for 26, called a/c and airport in site, got about 3 or 4 headings until we were practically straight in before we were cleared for app, what's up w/ this. i've been number 3 or 4 into las and lax and when a/c and airport are called have been cleared to follow traffic.

heard it through a buddies, friends, cousin's 3rd uncle twice removed in arkansas that there is a pi$$ing contest among phx app that they want total control, whatever that means, of the airspace over their chunk of the desert. take it for what it's worth, jus axing for discussion.

oh yea, i forgot: why with 1 cloud in their space, 2 airplanes, is there a 3 hr delay???:D

thx, i almost forgot to check that also.

cheers

PHX app

I think I remember reading or hearing that Phx app. won't clear you for the visual until you are at least on your base leg. I don't think I've ever been cleared for the visual before being vectored for the base leg and I fly in/out of PHX several times a week.

I think I remember reading or hearing that Phx app. won't clear you for the visual until you are at least on your base leg. I don't think I've ever been cleared for the visual before being vectored for the base leg and I fly in/out of PHX several times a week.

Yep. Thats what I heard. They don't want ya getting too low, they don't want you to descend out of class B, and most of all they don't want you to be noisy. Although most of the places around the airport probably can't hear the airplanes over traffic, trains, and gunshots.

Latest resources

Back