Phoenix Air?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cw4chuck

This might be a long shot, but does anyone have any info on Phoenix Air? They do military contracts with Lears and also run a fleet of G1's. I'm in the military retirement window and am curious about pay and QOL issues. Thanks for anyone who might be able to help out.

If you are talking about the company in N. Georgia, I would just say that you better do your research. What rumblings I have heard aren't good. http://www.phoenixair.com/ is thier website. Last I heard they had a Lear 36 which they run air ambulance in. If you don't know, the 36 will go nearly forever without a fuel stop. They have been known to go to Europe in that thing. Bottom line in my experience: air ambulance + jet with lots of fuel = no QOL. Thats all I can input. Good luck!

I worked with them a lot when I was on active a few years ago. At that time they were doing a whole lot of really interesting and unusual things. Their pilots seemed happy and made a decent living. Their CEO is kind of a colorful character.

Baa Baa Black Sheep is what comes to mind.
Top quality flyers with personalities to boot. Wish I could of been a
crew member.
Based in Cartersville, GA. The G-1's used to shuttle to pan-handle
of Florida?? Lears are around the world. (Asia)?
That's the best I have.
Good luck!

I think Phoenix currently services Shemia out of Anchorage with a G2 once or twice a week now that Kulis had to cut back their logistics support. That is a pretty relaxing run. Although a little interesting starting out on a 1200 mile run where your best alternate is going to be you original departure point!
MT

Daveman said:
Baa Baa Black Sheep is what comes to mind.
Top quality flyers with personalities to boot. Wish I could of been a
crew member.
Based in Cartersville, GA. The G-1's used to shuttle to pan-handle
of Florida?? Lears are around the world. (Asia)?
That's the best I have.
Good luck!

I worked there for quite a while, and as a Marine, I'll gladly take that comparison to the operation... and actually I can see your point! You should apply, they're hiring.

However, this and some of the other few replies might give the wrong impression of the operation in size and scope. There are several G-159's, several LR-35/36's, and now a few G-1159's. The shuttle you mention was just a short term commercial venture to provide scheduled service between KRYY and KDTS; it didn't last. The vast majority of the G-I's are used worldwide flying a wide variety of government and military "missions" as are the Lears. And I do mean WORLDWIDE. Basically, if there is somewhere to land, a Phoenix plane has probably been there. The air ambulance and Part 135 pax and freight work are a very small part of the operation.

Check out the "Phoenix Force" section of their website. Opinions will vary on compensation and lifestyle, but it is a stable company with an excellent group of crews and very unique flying.

cabby said:
Moose are you the Belville the only Phoenix guys left ay Flight Works?

A.Robbins down at KJAX. But after 18 Jan 06, yes, we'll be the last left at KRYY. I try to look at the bright side, at least the bar tabs are getting cheaper. Seriously, I wish we had more onboard. They would be an asset. There are still some others on the maintenance side.

With Phoenix are you home based, based out of Cartersville, or asked to move to a certain domicile?

Latest resources

Back