• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Phenom and TR's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My engines have fire extinguishers. Never have to use them, does that mean they're not needed?

My engines have fire extinguishers. Never have to use them, does that mean they're not needed?

We are talking about planes that are not equipped with TR's, so you're comparing apples to oranges. There's a reason why some aircraft have no TR's, and that's because they are simply not needed. If you have TR's, use them. I've flown a/c without them and did just fine. (knocks on wood).

It's all about economics. Installing several hundred pounds of equipment, hydraulics, cables, and other assorted hardware reduces the useful load on a light jet by more than one pax. yes, TRs are preferable. So would hooks and barriers at every airport. That ain't happening either.

If conditions are not conducive to safe operations, don't go or pick another destination. I've never had a passenger second guess my decision, nor has company given me any backlash.

It's all about economics. Installing several hundred pounds of equipment, hydraulics, cables, and other assorted hardware reduces the useful load on a light jet by more than one pax. yes, TRs are preferable. So would hooks and barriers at every airport. That ain't happening either.

If conditions are not conducive to safe operations, don't go or pick another destination. I've never had a passenger second guess my decision, nor has company given me any backlash.

A 60 has TRs. A CJ4 doesn't. Which stops in a shorter distance, TRs included?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back