PFT Co's with larger equip?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to clarify that...
They still offer the internship program for those w/250 total hours and 50 multi hours, for $33,000. You go thru jet indoc. training, followed by time as a FE then FO.
The 1500 total time/250 turboprop time is also $33K and w/that you get type-rated in the 727, then work as a paid FO for I believe 250 hours (check the website if you really care which I'm sure none of you do!!! ha ha)

Vik said:
Good info. Keep it coming.

Something I've noticed -- this Simcenter place w/ their 727 FO program, requires 1500hrs TT / 250hrs ME, and the result is you get 727 SIC time, and get paid maybe a little above what a regional FO makes. If someone had 1500/250, they'd be with a regional, possibly flying a RJ and flying in a glass cockpit environment.

Anyway, the reason I posted this thread wasn't to start any fights, or to debate whether what SWA requires is PFT or not. The reason I posted this is because I may have the possibility of a foreign airline paying me to get experience here in the U.S. and then work with them for 3yrs. So I wouldn't be paying for PFT. They'd be paying for my training .. the way it should be :)

Any more links/info would be appreciated.

This is really, really....really...remarkable.

To no one in particular.

From the Simcenter website:

During the 6 months contract you will fly not only in and out of most of the busiest airports in the USA but you will also experience international flying into Canada, Mexico, Central and South America.

You know what? I had been flying for 19 years and logged 9000 hours when I got my first jet job "flying into busy airports and international" operations.

All I can say is this: I had my hands full.

I was pretty much worthless for my entire first year.

But that's just me. Good luck.

Hey Mar! Ltns.

Hopefully whichever airports they're referring too can't be much worse than flying into and out of airports in SoCal. Since people tell me, "If you learned to fly out of SNA, you can fly anywhere," we'll know quickly if that holds true :)

Not that I'm planning on doing any of these programs at this time.

mar said:
To no one in particular.

From the Simcenter website:

You know what? I had been flying for 19 years and logged 9000 hours when I got my first jet job "flying into busy airports and international" operations.

All I can say is this: I had my hands full.

I was pretty much worthless for my entire first year.

But that's just me. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back