Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sim Sweat

Like I care ...
Vision Airlines (TurboProp First Officers)
2634 Airport Drive, N. Las Vegas, NV 89032

Quoting here:

Part 135 air carrier based in Las Vegas is looking for Turboprop First Officers. Ground school starts July 30.

Requirements:
Commercial Multi Instrument
First Class Medical
US Passport
500 Hours Total Time
1 year employment agreement

Also Available: Pilot Development Program: $9,500. Pogram [sic] for low time pilots looking to build experience. FIrst Officer's [sic] will receive training based on Part 121 subpart N & O requirements. Training will cover basic indoctrination, haz-mat, CRM, safety and security, and aircraft ground. Training cost is $9500 and guarantee's [sic] 450 hours of turbine time. Pay is $10 per flight hour.

Requirements: Current First Class Medical Commercial Single and Multi Engine Land Instrument Rated.

Yeah, that place used to be Scenic Airline's biggest competitor until Scenic was bought by Grand Canyon Airlines.
Vision Air works their employees like a dog too. New FO's have to load baggage and do ramp work too.
Luckily FO's with more than that amount of TT don't usually have to PFT and their captains can make over $50,000/year. Still a lousy place to work though.

any *********************************** who does this deserves whatever ass whipping they get later on in life. The regionals, as bad as they are will at least pay you more than 10 bucks an hour, not much more, but it goes to principle, F'em!

I am wondering if I can get someone to pay me to mow my lawn while they are "learning" how to do it.

Is there another industry that people actually pay to go to work? I know most pilots (Except military, of course) must pay for their own initial training--Private, Commercial, CFI-MEI. Etc.. Doctors and Lawyers have to pay for their schooling. But after that, is there another industry where people actually pay to go to work? In each industry you have to pay your dues, but I have never heard of a lawyer paying to be on a trial, or a doctor paying to operate. Any comments?

With 500TT there are so many other opportunities these days, wonder if they'll get any applicants. I was contemplating sending them my resume and indicate "Will not pay for training. Salary requirement: $2000/month" just to make them angry.

Latest resources

Back