• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay Cuts at Skywest ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Based on his posts of the last few years I think Mr. Neill is probably Skywest's greatest cheerleader and can't possibly imagine that anything negative could happen at his company. :rolleyes:

Frac Daddy asked:
If pay cuts are not in the works at Skywest, then what do you think Mr. Rich meant by, "We are targeting agressive cost-reduction alternatives with the help of our employees"?
I think he meant that by working more smartly and taking every opportunity we can in making the SkyWest product more efficient while maintaining quality for the customer, the savings necessary to meet United needs can be realized.

AAsRedHeadedbro provided:
Based on his posts of the last few years I think Mr. Neill is probably Skywest's greatest cheerleader
Thanks....
and can't possibly imagine that anything negative could happen at his company.
While I recognize that tendency among people at their respective companies, I tell you that I am trying to give my best assessment of what I see going on. There are some VERY good reasons for being optimistic at SkyWest. I guess time will tell whether that optimism is misplaced or if your skepticism was.

Intresting that I have NEVER seen anyone representing
Eagle
ACA
ASA
Comair
COEX
TSA
Piedmont
Colgan
Mesaba
AirWisky

Do I need to say anything more about this point? Come set up to the plate and represent your company then by hear-say only.

In response to Frac Daddy...

There are many ways that we as employees of Skywest can have a hand in saving the company substantial amounts of money without necessarily taking a pay cut. Some examples may include: Not starting up an APU until needed or at the gate. Taxi out and in on one engine whenever possible. Eliminate waste wherever found. Come up with new ideas and solutions rather than expect the worst.

When you think about it, a motivated employee can be a company's greatest cost cutting asset. I for one will jump on any bandwagon and do what I can to save Skywest money. As for my previous post, I only meant that as of this point, there has been no specific mention about asking us to take a pay cut. I don't profess to know what the future will bring, but I won't speculate on what the news stories and press releases are supposed to "mean".

And by the way, I for one am thrilled to have someone like Andy keeping an eye on these boards. Perhaps if there were others like him, morale at other companies could be kept higher and misinformation and rumors kept to a minimum.

peace...

Intresting that I have NEVER seen anyone representing ......Mesaba

I fly for Mesaba.....we suck....don't come here.....furloughing more every month....have a nice day:D

Re: Pay cut for what?

Flydaplane said:
The paycut being mentioned at Skywest is not to help United it is to help Skywest who is not being paid by United. However, if I was still at Skywest I would be pissed if management proposed a pay cut. What is the need? Skywest has plenty of cash and has posted profits most of the year haven't they? Why would one bad quarter be cause for a pay cut. They may argue that because UAL wil be paying them less in the future they have to reduce wages, I'd expect to see management do the same if this is the case and there is real need. However, I doubt they need the wage cuts, they've been making money for years. It's too bad that the schedule sucks so bad at Skywest now, most my buddies fly 4 and 5 day trips. Hope things improve for you Skywest guys.

What sucks more? 4 and 5 day trips or having 14 years at USAir
and being on the street? Or being sent to active status with
the military for a year in the Middle East? Let's put things
into perspective folks.

Latest resources

Back