passenger sues Southwest F/A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good thing the trial wasn't in Atlanta.

They would have won the case, received a huge settlement (gotta have the Escalade and the huge mansion in College Park), and had the airport named after them.

"Welcome to the Jackson Martin Luther King Malcolm X Fuller Sawyer International Airport. We are parked at the Bobby Brown gate in the Sharpton Terminal. For those of you continuing on with us to Birmingham, we'd like to inform you that the lavatory on this aircraft will be deferred and therefore invite you to take advantage of the William B. Hartsfield Memorial Restrooms located throughout the terminal.

Thank You, please roll on through!"

Truly, I wouldn't like "canned" PA's. I think passengers need to know that there's somebody on the plane who has a personality.

(On the other hand, maybe an industry-wide need for canned PA's would get Timebuilder working again. :D )

Timebuilder's PA announcement:

Would go on for pages and pages...

...about how he used to be a reckless liberal and never wore his seat belt and reclined the seats...

...but now due to political correctness we're all being forced to give up our individual rights to travel the way we want, nay, are entitled to travel so the sky nazis are requiring the use of seatbelts...

...but if you really have faith in the one true God none of it should really matter for salvation will be yours...

...unless you're French...

...or a commie...

...in that case he'll refer you to the inflight magazine "The John Birch Society Newsletter" where you'll find a membership form and a convenient donation (sorry, 'gift') envelope...

...and if there's anything that would make the flight more comfortable, like food or drink, get up and get it yourself because this country was founded on old fashioned principles of hard work and independence and self reliance and the problem with society today is these dang kids who think they're entitled to everything and never had to earn nothing...

...and hey, you look like an Arab.

Flight's cancelled.

(Uh, for the record, I was merely suggesting that since Timebuilder used to earn a living doing voiceovers, this might be an opportunity for him. No flames were intended.)

New info

Women Who Sued Airline Over Rhyme Get Nasty Note
Mon Feb 16, 6:50 PM ET Add Local - KMBC TheKansasCityChannel.com to My Yahoo!

Two women who recently lost a lawsuit against Southwest Airlines over a rhyme used on their flight say they are now getting threatening mail.

Grace Fuller and Louise Sawyer were boarding a crowded Southwest Airlines plane three years ago when a flight attendant used what they considered to be a racially insensitive slur: "Eenie, meenie, minie, moe, pick a seat we gotta go." The pair lost the lawsuit.

KMBC's Tom Corvin reported that on Feb. 13, Louise Sawyer received a letter at her home. The letter starts with variation of the rhyme: "loud-mouthed jemimas got to go." The letter was signed L.B. Sambeaux Investigations.

"And at the end, he threatened both of us," Fuller said. "I don't think you should have to go through that when you're standing up for what's right."

The letter goes on to attack the women's weight and physical maladies, ending sarcastically with "have a nice day."

Sawyer and Fuller said that they have given a copy of the letter to their police department and plan on contacting the FBI (news - web sites) as well.

Re: New info

chperplt said:
...Fuller said. "I don't think you should have to go through that when you're standing up for what's right."
As far as I can tell, they were standing up for their right to file frivolous lawsuits. Is that "right?" :eek:

Stupid is as stupid does; if you can't live with the hate-mail, don't do idiotic things like this!

SATCFI

Thanks for filling me in mate. I guess I do need to get a current paper. Been too busy surfing the internet in my spare time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back