• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

part 135 questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually he should just open up a FAR/AIM book.

What would he do if a student asked him what clearance MEA gave him?

osu_av8r said:
Are you preparing for your first 135 job? I wouldn't study this stuff because you may learn it wrong and the company may have unique exceptions to some of these rules for regulatory relief. I would concentrate on the stuff you are already expected to know. Your job will train you and make sure you know everything about 135 that is applicable to the type of flying you will be doing.

Yea, what he said.

All right, a REAL answer to this poor guy's questions!

Pilot O

A) Go get yourself a copy of "Everything explained for the professional pilot" by Richie Lengel (the link is on this forum page on the left side), then look up all the questions you asked in both the FAR AIM and the forementioned book so you get the TOTAL picture....

B) You will eventually be given a GOM by your company and OPSPECS section C will become your friend. When weather starts getting crummy you will end up consulting your OPSPECS (especially section C; C-57 and C-79 to be specific).

Once you get comfortable with all that, ensure the work rules at the company you are interviewing with are to your satisfaction. Ask questions about the schedule: how many days off per month?, response time for pop up flights?, how long from call up to wheels up?, etc... all good things to ask (sometimes no one tells you this stuff).

Keep asking questions on this forum, it's a good resource, don't get down about people who don't seem receptive. PM if need more detailed info. Best of luck!

Lear Wanna Be said:
You guys are harsh. Man this is a tough room.

And for good reason. This is an unforgiving business at times.

I'm with OSU however... you will learn this stuff during your initial training. You'd better have it down COLD, i.e. memorized like the lord's prayer, by the time you take your checkride. Then never forget it. The absolutely worst thing a pilot could do would be to grab his ops specs while doing a procedure turn to see if he could legally "take a look-see" on an approach after the AWOS/ASOS says its below mins.

Oh yeah, DON'T CONSULT OPSPECS ON THE APPROACH

And for good reason. This is an unforgiving business at times.

I'm with OSU however... you will learn this stuff during your initial training. You'd better have it down COLD, i.e. memorized like the lord's prayer, by the time you take your checkride. Then never forget it. The absolutely worst thing a pilot could do would be to grab his ops specs while doing a procedure turn to see if he could legally "take a look-see" on an approach after the AWOS/ASOS says its below mins.

Sorry I didn't clarify -- DON'T CONSULT OPSPECS ON THE APPROACH! Yes, you have to know your stuff. I was thinking of a specific example when the weather was at takeoff miniums -- and I was looking at the weather during preflight planning, and was making sure I was legal (ie ON THE GROUND, not in the air). In getting ready for the interview, however, hit the books I mentioned before, together they are a great resource (along with this forum).

Latest resources

Back