Parking fees at your gateway airport ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

clambdin

If you have to park at your gateway airport for 7 days how do you get around paying the long term parking fee ? at some airports it is $9.00/day ?

batsky2000 said:
Well dude most pilots park at the FBO's and pay a tip for the van ride to the terminal, did you think of that?

Some of us don't have that option.

If you live in a NJA gateway, company pays for parking. If you live in (and qualify for) an HBA city, the FBO guys or other local pilots can usually point you in the right direction. Sometimes its free parking, other places may only have a "airline" parking rate.

clambdin said:
If you have to park at your gateway airport for 7 days how do you get around paying the long term parking fee ? at some airports it is $9.00/day ?

Gateways?

flywest said:
Some of us don't have that option.

If you live in a NJA gateway, company pays for parking. If you live in (and qualify for) an HBA city, the FBO guys or other local pilots can usually point you in the right direction. Sometimes its free parking, other places may only have a "airline" parking rate.

Thats very true, Netjets does pay for the parking bill, but that just adds one more expense to the list of expenses to do, I have yet to be at an airport without an FBO or for that matter that does not let us park there for free considering the fact that we bring the most business to the FBO's anyways. Much easier for me to park at the FBO, walk to the terminal, just around the corner at my domicile, and do the same at the end of my tour.

batsky2000 said:
Thats very true, Netjets does pay for the parking bill, but that just adds one more expense to the list of expenses to do, I have yet to be at an airport without an FBO or for that matter that does not let us park there for free considering the fact that we bring the most business to the FBO's anyways. Much easier for me to park at the FBO, walk to the terminal, just around the corner at my domicile, and do the same at the end of my tour.

Bats,

This sounds like it is feasible at your domicile, but at LAX, it is not.

I've heard that the FBOs at LAX don't want us parking there, and clogging up their parking lots.....not to mention that the FBOs are on the other side of the airport, and would require a taxi ride to get to the pax terminals. It's easier to park at Lot B, and jump on the free bus to get to the pax terminals. Seven days of parking at Lot B costs $56, and is fully reimbursed by NJA.

LAX parking

I work for a fractional that does not reimburse for parking and so I just bought a 1/2 year parking pass from the LAX parking office (terminal 2 lower level across the street from baggage claim) for $75. A full year pass goes for $180 but needs to be re-purchased each January. I showed my IBAC badge to the parking office ladies and told them I was based out of LAX for a private flying company and they gave me no grief. The pass enables you to park at the employee lot next to lot B and take the free shuttle to the terminal. I started my last trip from Landmark at LAX and asked the front desk if I could park my car there in the future if I was commercialling out and they said it was alright. Tipping the driver a few bucks won't hurt the cause either.

Archie Bunker said:
Bats,

This sounds like it is feasible at your domicile, but at LAX, it is not.

I've heard that the FBOs at LAX don't want us parking there, and clogging up their parking lots.....not to mention that the FBOs are on the other side of the airport, and would require a taxi ride to get to the pax terminals. It's easier to park at Lot B, and jump on the free bus to get to the pax terminals. Seven days of parking at Lot B costs $56, and is fully reimbursed by NJA.

Well I think you may be wrong about that since NetJets just opened up a maintenance base there at Landmark Aviation, I have parked there and been taken over to the terminal by Landmark, since we moved from Mercury to Landmark which use to be the old Garrett FBO, the new place is great, and they don't care about us parking there.

batsky2000 said:
Well I think you may be wrong about that since NetJets just opened up a maintenance base there at Landmark Aviation, I have parked there and been taken over to the terminal by Landmark, since we moved from Mercury to Landmark which use to be the old Garrett FBO, the new place is great, and they don't care about us parking there.

Thanks for the tip. Do they have a van available 24/7 to drive you to the terminal? Last thing I want is to be waiting for a cab on the other side of the airport at 4am. Otherwise, I think that Lot B might still be the better option.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back