Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gatorman

Snot-nosed college boy!!
I know that this isn't the best place to find bodies to fill these positions, but it wouldn't hurt to put it out there.....

I have an opening for one part time front desk person at a Dallas FBO.

Also,

Looking for two full time ramp agents at the same location.

IM me if interested and I will put you in touch with the FBO manager.

GATOR

Signature!

The FBO is Signature. I worked there for about two years at LGA and loved it! But I took a Xfer to DAL and I must say that I hated it there cause if they find out your a pilot, they will try their hardest to keep you from making any connections because the senior people their are lifers and hate people with goals in life. Go down the road to BJet which is a whole lot better. Besides Signature is a NetJEt FBO and if your not NETJETS you will be treated like crap!

The FBO is Signature. I worked there for about two years at LGA and loved it! But I took a Xfer to DAL and I must say that I hated it there cause if they find out your a pilot, they will try their hardest to keep you from making any connections because the senior people their are lifers and hate people with goals in life. Go down the road to BJet which is a whole lot better. Besides Signature is a NetJEt FBO and if your not NETJETS you will be treated like crap!

Well, so much for what you know. It ain't Signature and it ain't Business Jet Center.

...and for that, it probably wasn't the job or the company that was the problem.

I worked at Sig BWI and while the senior "lifers" were bitter, they actually encouraged me to make connections. I would get radio calls to go and meet pilots, because the lifers were speaking on my behalf. If you are a budding pilot I highly recommend taking a job at a FBO. My general curiousity about aircraft and aviation in general led to a lot of fruitful conversations. If nothing else, you will learn a lot about aircraft.

As far as the NetJets comment, I had heard rumors that NetJets signed some sort of agreement with Signature that allowed them to get fuel and handling discounts as long as NetJets agreed to always use Signature when there was one available. But on our end, there was no preferential treatment, we fueled and serviced aircraft in the order received.

Working on the General Aviation side of BWI was one of the best jobs I have ever had. One of the worst paying, but the tips help.

Latest resources

Back