Options future after mediation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey "Joe" Pilot

I love how anyone who says anything other than the 1108 will get Netjets contract + or the company will burn down is a troll. I am actually a union supporter. I have a drawer full of receipts from the IBT, 2 pins, a lanyard and a bag tag to prove it. I am a union member now somewhere else. All of my friends at Options are labor and most I believe are MIGS. My own personal hope is that there is a descent contract and that Options not only becomes a descent place to work again but that management and the pilots are able to make it grow and prosper. Maybe then my furloughed friends lives will improve again.
I don't know how my posts come off as biased. I think unlike a lot of what is said on here they are very realistic. The Options pilots are down to their last meeting in mediation. If mediation fails which I think almost everyone agrees it will in this case then what? I laid out what I saw as the possabilitys. The fact that most end poorly for the pilots isn't my fault it is just reality. Most end poorly for the company too. I feel like I'm watching a football game where my team is down by 49 points in the 4th quarter. Just becuse I say aloud that I don't know how we can win this game doesn't mean I'm routing for the other team. I hope I'm missing something and opened this thread hoping for some good news.
Last point I have been questioned as to why I still care. Most of my friends still work there which is reason enough. Also between the dues that I paid before I left and the fact that I stopped working incentive days I am financially invested in this deal. I hope that even though I won't personally benefit from my investment that someone will.

Congrats on your move to a New Employer, most certainly a better employer than Flight Options.

I know you use to be a Big Fish in a Little Pond, and now you are but a Tad Pole in a huge Ocean, but for goodness sake man, let it go.

Enjoy your life outside the War Zone which Options has become, not because of the Union, the Union was simply the result of Greedy Management.

I too still have friends at Options. I know how much stress they are under, and I do not attempt to create additional stress for them; something I fear your posts do.

If you do indeed have friends here, how about throwing them some encouragement. How about recognizing the long road towards respect they have traveled, and encouraging them not to give up the fight right when its becoming crunch time.

It is certainly OK to discuss potential downsides of any situation with friends you care about. But if you really cared, you'd pick up the phone, and discuss those matters with the Friends personally. You would not attempt to generate Fear on this website.

I suspect your Posts have nothing to do with these Pilots you call friends. I believe you are concerned YOUR paycheck may temporarily end with a furlough at your new employer (with you on the bottom of the list), and you are hoping if you come out here and stump for Management (with their full knowledge), they perhaps might find a place for you in their organization if you yourself find yourself out of a job for a period of time.

I have felt for some time Joe that you have played both sides of the fence. Some of us have experiences other than just as Pilots, that have trained us to sniff out bullsh-t and expose it when appropriate.

So Joe, why don't you just go back to your new better job, and hope the furlough doesn't happen. You are not helping your "Friends" here. I know what you are trying to do is hedge your bets for your family, setting up a situation whereby you might have a replacement paycheck if the furlough does occur.

But to sh-t all over your "Friends" to provide yourself with that backup plan?

Joe.... I thought you had more character than that.

Good Luck to the Flight Options Pilots.

Freedom is NOT Free

WOW I don't even know where to start here. I must have really hit a raw nerve. I find it interesting that you are attempting to "out" me and question my character when I have not said one negative word about the 1108, its policys, its actions, or its leaders. The only people that I have been critcal of is Flight Options management which I have called unethical in several posts.

Just to make myself very clear I have no intention of returning to Flight Options in any capacity under any circumstances. I hadn't even considered it and have had no discussions either directly or indirectly with anyone in Flight Options management. Whatever friends I did have in management have all been fired.

Just because both of your parents are clinical social workers doesn't mean you have any special deductive powers.

I will agree with you that Options is a war zone and that management has made it that way. I would also like to add that I don't believe the company has negoitated in good faith. At this point "crunch time" as you called it they need some further encouragement to do so. Nothing short of total unity will produce a contract. Youre right on another point Freedom is not free and respect is earned.

As far as generating fear I don't see how I've done that either. I know having lived it myself that life at Options is very stressful and I'm not trying to add to anyone's stress level. I simply laid out my thoughts on potential outcomes moving forward as I see them. I would hope that anyone who works there or is on furlough from there has considered what lay ahead. If you disagree with my analysis respond to that. On that note would prefer that you respond to this with your other screen name. I like that avitar better.

Latest resources

Back