Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have you guys taken a strike poll?

A couple of thoughts....

IMHO, a strike benefits no one in this particular case. Look, this 'aint the airlines where the consumer forgets about getting hosed due to a strike as soon as the next fare sale comes along...

Options is customer-service oriented...and those customers pay big-bucks.

So, with that said, Pilots won't walk because:

1. They can't afford to...

2. No other jobs to be had...

3. IBT is NOT going to pay their mortgage...

They company won't let the pilots walk since doing so is going to immediately alienate their customer base, and face it, those customers can call up Warren and keep on truckin'!

This will get settled.

It really doesn't matter what you have to say or any other trolls who just joined Flight Info.

The TA will be accepted/rejected by those members who supported the union from the beginning by paying dues so the negotiators would be able to do their job.

If you don't like it either pay up so you can vote or accept the decision of the MIGS on any TA that is reached.

I can vote. Can you? :p

Your point escapes me. I am not a member of your pilot group, or your union. I was simply noting the irony of an IBT-represented pilot group worrying about the possibility of management creating an alter-ego carrier and staffing it with pilots not on your seniority list. In light of the GoJet saga, this is hypocrisy to say the least.
Deliberately inserting false quotes? And you call others here "trolls"?

Your point escapes me. I am not a member of your pilot group, or your union. I was simply noting the irony of an IBT-represented pilot group worrying about the possibility of management creating an alter-ego carrier and staffing it with pilots not on your seniority list. In light of the GoJet saga, this is hypocrisy to say the least.
Deliberately inserting false quotes? And you call others here "trolls"?

My mistake with the quote name, I meant to respond to Fracjack whose quote was just more noise but he had your quote inserted into his reply.

The point I am making is that no matter what you or others think, it is the MIGS who will vote and decide on the out come of any negotiated agreement. Anything else is just noise your comments included.

Jetwash do you honestly think there will be a TA to vote on?

jetwashedup

I would suggest that you listen to some of that noise instead of just hearing it.
I hope there is a TA for the migs to vote on and any 6th grader can comprehend who is eligible to vote, that was never disputed.
Please tell us your past experiences with with unions.
Should the worst happen I'm sure you would not want to work for a former non-mig who happens to be senior to you by the fact he had to look for a job before you and would now be your superior. It's a small world out there,but your foolish pride wouldn't allow that to happen or would it?

OK troll, you started this thread out of "honest" curiosity to simply poll peoples thoughts on what the general consensus of an outcome might be. Oh I forgot you didn't want to be flamed because you had a purely intellectual curiosity on what people thought could happen. Well it's obvious that you are extremely biased on your opinion to the question you wanted answered. Or is it just fear, disguised as an Innocent debatable question that you wanted to achieve. Interesting how all 4 possible outcomes puts Options Pilots in the lousing position.

So why don't you do us all a favor, and take your transparent scripted crap from FUD and Harrison and leave it in your in box on your desk where it belongs.

I love how anyone who says anything other than the 1108 will get Netjets contract + or the company will burn down is a troll. I am actually a union supporter. I have a drawer full of receipts from the IBT, 2 pins, a lanyard and a bag tag to prove it. I am a union member now somewhere else. All of my friends at Options are labor and most I believe are MIGS. My own personal hope is that there is a descent contract and that Options not only becomes a descent place to work again but that management and the pilots are able to make it grow and prosper. Maybe then my furloughed friends lives will improve again.
I don't know how my posts come off as biased. I think unlike a lot of what is said on here they are very realistic. The Options pilots are down to their last meeting in mediation. If mediation fails which I think almost everyone agrees it will in this case then what? I laid out what I saw as the possabilitys. The fact that most end poorly for the pilots isn't my fault it is just reality. Most end poorly for the company too. I feel like I'm watching a football game where my team is down by 49 points in the 4th quarter. Just becuse I say aloud that I don't know how we can win this game doesn't mean I'm routing for the other team. I hope I'm missing something and opened this thread hoping for some good news.
Last point I have been questioned as to why I still care. Most of my friends still work there which is reason enough. Also between the dues that I paid before I left and the fact that I stopped working incentive days I am financially invested in this deal. I hope that even though I won't personally benefit from my investment that someone will.

Well you are doing your friends a disservice but you already know that. Since you like analogies, ill give you one. Its like you are in the stands at your football game that you talk about and you stand up shaking a sign telling the team that you are rooting for that they have no way to win and that they are going to loose. Not very inspirational, and it does not give the team any encouragement to get up and fight to win.

So I don't think that you are a friend to any hard working Flops pilot, and I think your true motives are suspect. I will no longer encourage your response.

Latest resources

Back