Omega Protein

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LivestockTony

Looking for information on Omega Protein's aviaiton department. How long is the training? What is the pay? Fishing is an industry that doesn't stop during its seasons- how does that square with mandatory rest and what's a duty day/week like? How much turnover? Considering the saltwater, how is the maintainence? What airplanes do they fly out of Reedsville? Do you work with the same boats each time?

And anything else I'm missing... :)

Thanks,
-TF

Just to follow myself up, I went up to Reedville and tried to talk myself into an interview. I didn't get to talk to anyone other than a secretary or security guard, but one of the security guards said that his son had worked as a spotter for them and they required their pilots to have their own plane. After I had left, the general manager's secretary called me and said they were not hiring at all.

I arrived at their airfield ~8am, and all of the pilots were already airborne. I will note that all of the vehicles parked by the fuel shack were very very nice trucks, so if you've got an airplane it might be a nice seasonal job if you catch them when they're signing pilots.

-TF

Latest resources

Back