• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Oil is up! Park the 50's!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Highest in two years. Come on ual park the 50's and bring the Guppy's back online then recall my a**! Anybody think this could happen?

Why would you wait for this job? It is not that great, there are other things out in the world that pay better and work less...

My thought process is parking two or three 50's for every guppy brought back. Seems to be way to much overlap in the system. Eight flts a day to a medium city in 50's from three different hubs doesn't make much sense even from a convience stand point.

That just makes way too much sense. Therefore, it probably won't happen.

Kind of like saying the fat chick would be ugly if it weren't for her overpriced lipstick. Enjoy your RJ dude, every day you are there is a day closer to the right seat if oil continues to go up.

I have a feeling I will be moving on sooner than later. Enjoy your J-3 cub if you can afford to put gas in it. Otherwise, go back to working at 7-11 and clean up aisle 3 while you are at it, dude.

yeh yeh u boys be saying dat for yrs now, RJs here to stay, and 100 seaters soon for the regionals, enjoy your payoff pay raise and your 30 yrs in the right seat :laugh:

This from a guy flying CR9s in Vietnam! HAHAHHAHAHAHA Enjoy saying "me so horny" to a bunch of dudes at Hanoi airport. I bet you wish you were flying those Vietnam Air A330s. Guess what? They don't want you either.

Shortsighted RJ pilots..really makes me sad.

We don't all think this way. I don't intend on staying on the barbie jet forever

PS the guy flying for Mekong is working for 50% of the going rate most expats get over there. Nice credibility dude!!

This from a guy flying CR9s in Vietnam! HAHAHHAHAHAHA Enjoy saying "me so horny" to a bunch of dudes at Hanoi airport. I bet you wish you were flying those Vietnam Air A330s. Guess what? They don't want you either.

I educate all the expats I fly with at Vietnam Airlines and when they hear of the T & Cs they give me a blank stare of disbelief !

And the CPTs on the ATR make 8K a month and fly a 60 hr schedule -so go figure........lol

i applied for those atr jobs-- they didnt like that i wasnt current-- i said -- ummmm noone flies those anymore-- ur lucky i have a type rating and the time in it--- and why would you pay for my training anyway-- then they came back with the schedule-- training on your days off-- i told them to pound curry-- im still trying to get you back-- were not running anything until next year ( typical) key lime is hiring- to get u back to denver real quick

Those schedules are cush........but I understand.

I think I will wait a bit - Key Lime isn't that great.
Thanks for keeping an eye out brother.

Highest in two years. Come on ual park the 50's and bring the Guppy's back online then recall my a**! Anybody think this could happen?

No. If there was an economic advantage to doing so, they already would have.

You probably think the reason RJs have an advantage is because of the low labor rates. So what has your MEC done to improve that besides tell the RJ pilots what losers they are? Maybe the UAL MEC should start working with them on their contracts? Improve their compensation and remove the economic advantage of using an 2 RJs instead of a 737. THEN it will be much easier to retire them.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back