Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

OH.. So this is why we got into AVIATION?!?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm cheap labor, and no pension. Sounds like 100LL is a communist...

Hey crashpad, do we keep yanking 100LL's chain all night long, or should we release him ??

100LL... Again! said:
What about all the really great pilots who just never an offer from a major?
I know what you will say: Too freakin' bad, right? We can't all get it.
Aha, then! So it is not about making sure that ALL who dedicate years to the profession get rewarded. It is about making sure that those who YOU think should be rewarded receive it. This hypocracy is ridiculous.

A pilot with indominable spirit can and will succeed in getting on with the majors, or any dream job. It's not an impossible goal, it just seems like it when you've toiled long and watched others less qualified glide by up the ladder. It becomes a hypocracy when you give up trying.

100LL... Again! said:
The $300K per year pilot can, and will be replaced by cheaper labor. We may not like it, but it is the future.

The future is cyclic, pay will go up and down, and then back up and so on.
Now, if you saying 'The way of the future, the way of the future' over and over to yourself, it's time to take a break Howard.

crashpad said:
A pilot with indominable spirit can and will succeed in getting on with the majors, or any dream job. It's not an impossible goal, it just seems like it when you've toiled long and watched others less qualified glide by up the ladder. It becomes a hypocracy when you give up trying.

I've seen plenty try and never get it. Then, later in life after younger guys get lucky, they can no longer afford to make the change.

It's apparently fine for you that they might get the call after 15 years while poeple who have paid far fewer dues (such as myself) might get it sooner. I think that this is unfair.

Why should a 10+ year ALPA member be junior to a 4yr ALPA member?

Answer: No good reason.

By the way:
Hypocrisy is not giving up trying. It is called reality. Hypocrisy is when you say one thing but your actions speak otherwise, or you portray yourself as something you are not.

Spelling corrected.

crashpad said:
The future is cyclic, pay will go up and down, and then back up and so on.

True. I don't think that it will ever reach the (inflation-adjusted) highs of a few years ago.

crashpad said:
Now, if you saying 'The way of the future, the way of the future' over...

I would love to see pilot wages go back up, but the current attitudes and tactics of ALPA and all of the various pilot groups will make this impossible.

If we had a real national union that forced the airlines to pay us $300k a year you would immediately see flight schools springing up in Delhi and Bombay (sorry, I'm old school when it comes to geography ;)).

Just as our tech support has gone overseas, so would our pilot jobs. It would suddenly become very easy to get a green card if you had a job offer in the U.S. JMO.TC

P.S.--Tipping 20-25% is despicable. You're giving pilots a bad name. What's next? BUYING a newpaper? :rolleyes:

100LL... Again! said:
And any pilot who thinks they are REALLY worth $200k is living in a fantasy world. If you were worth it, they would pay it.

I guess I'm worth it 'cause they're payin' it.

You gotta give 100LL his due ... he's a die-hard right-winger, and he's not hypocritical about one iota. Far-right, conservative thinking has never looked upon unions favorably. A true 'righty' is a capitalist thru and thru. And 100LL is, I'll give him that. But you guys who are ultra-conservative about everything except your paychecks are the actual hypocrites, unfortunately.

You - "No entitlements ... you get what you're worth ... capitalism all the way!"

Management - "Good to hear ... I have 1000 resumes from people who'll do your job for half what you make."

You - "Oops! We need a UNION!!!

See what I mean? Like it or not ... 100LL is a true conservative. The rest of you are so only up to where it meets your wallet.

Minh

Guys, what has been completely forgotten here is PUTTING ALL YOUR EGGS IN ONE BASKET. ANYONE that does that, whether they make $300K or whatever, is a MORON. I'm only 27 years old, and I've been into retirement planning since I was a CFI. I've got Roth IRA's now, some gold, and some bonds. Plus, I'm still in the 'low pay' part of my career. Soon enough, that will change, and even more will be going into my future, and more importantly, it will be SPLIT UP!! If one fails, I have others. What are the chances of all of them failing? Not likely.

100LL is right guys, if you have even a $100K a year job, and you haven't planned anything other than a company funded pension, then you are a F-ING MORON. That is just simply putting all your eggs in one basket. It's STUPID.

Latest resources

Back