Officer Training School

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chawbein

I've been reading some journals of dudes' experiences at OTS. I'm basically getting that it is very much like fraternity pledgeship. While I thought pledgeship sucked when I was in it, I look back now and think "Wow. What a great time." I took a look at that Charlie Pride journal and it seems like that guy was a Grade-A douchebag. I think the thing that will suck the most will be not seeing my wife for three months.

Anybody care to comment?

Fraternity Pledgeship

Not quite. Too many members in that fraternity. The real initiation is UPT. That's when you become a member of the fraternity.

That reminds me, I wouldn't let UPT students call me by my call sign until they passed their Nav check. When they were officially members to be.

I was talking about some of the hazing and things that you have to do while in OTS, not the end result. Ahhh, the days of hazing..."DON'T F*CKING TOUCH ME!!!!!!"....

I like the point you make though.

It never seems like fun when you are doing it.

It is always looking back after the fact when you realize the fun it actually was.

Survival school..............sucked doing it.
15 years later still telling stories about it.

Enjoy it while you can. Later it is all work...and no play

Links to OTS journals

Chawbein
Any shot at you or somebody else posting some quick links to the journals of guys in/through OTS? If someone could, it'd be appreciated.......

Latest resources

Back