NWA AMFA officially on strike!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
COpilot said:
I hope someone gets a picture of Duane crossing the picket line to his airplane?

It'll look great on the cover of next months ALPA magazine.

LOL,,,It would be framed and hanging (no pun intended) in the den at my house. Probably one in the basement too for the dart board.

COpilot said:
And they just Busted NWA ALPA! Not even a wimper from the pilots with the National Union leader flying for them.

I hope someone gets a picture of Duane crossing the picket line to his airplane?

I could not have put it any simpler myself.

Let me quote you again:

COpilot said:
And they just Busted NWA ALPA! Not even a wimper from the pilots with the National Union leader flying for them.

and again...

COpilot said:

Anyone wish to drop DW a line and request he reflect on this thought?

Lear70 said:
That's a one-tme $100 Million training cost against a $176 Million PER YEAR cut in pay AND benefits.

Well, here's a recurring cost: NWA management's complete failure to do any sort of meaningful fuel hedging. Had mgmt just mindlessly emulated some of what the strategy of WN has been, NWA would be well ahead of where they are now. I know, I know, the old "we don't have enough money to hedge" argument. Today, it sure looks like they did'nt have enough money to have NOT hedged......

I think the only thing we've learned here today is that

a.) Northwest WANTS to lock out the mechanics, probably to enter bankruptcy under plausible reasons,

b.) The union groups won't stand together, but will hang separately.

Sad, but true...

Here's another: W shot off his mouth during his first term about how there "will be no airline strikes under my watch" (or words to that effect). Now, he conveniently turns a blind eye. Then again, maybe his current labor secretary and former NWA board member Elaine Chao had some influence on his decision? Where's the PEB you promised, W?

WillowRunVortex said:
LOL,,,It would be framed and hanging (no pun intended) in the den at my house. Probably one in the basement too for the dart board.

Duane has not flown an NWA airplane in many, many moons. The MEC chairman usually does not either, during his chairmanship at a large airline. This prevents the company from "taking him hostage". This situation just occurred lately at TSA and now ALPA is paying the MEC guys' salaries while it is grieved.

~DC

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back