• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Northwest writes off Midwest investment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it true that as MEH flights are being drawn down they are being replaced simultaneously with additional or new NWA flights?

Heyas F4H,

My guess is that NWA's "return" on their investment will be 30 or so DC-9 replacements.

Even if they never fly in NWA (or DAL) colors, they'll send them to the beer can factory before they'll let Tranny get within a country mile of them.

That's the NWA way...

Nu

Actually...

Take into account the fact that you hate Midwest and that puts into context what you just said.

AAI buys MEH and there still would be in the same situation: furloughs, MD80's parked, no new and exciting markets, no fast upgrades, yadda yadda yadda. In fact every major airline can say that, but you ignore that.

AA still has 1,979 pilots on the street from 9/11. My
situation could be a lot worse.

Actually...your position is much worse. You have a recall # to an airline that won't exist. At least the AA guys will eventually have somewhere to called back to... 8

Actually...your position is much worse. You have a recall # to an airline that won't exist. At least the AA guys will eventually have somewhere to called back to... 8

oh boo hoo woe is me. at least i don't live in Georgia (the country).

i am sure the TWA folks who lost seniority and are STILL on the street will be comforted by your thoughts.

if midwest makes it or not, is out of my control. why worry about something beyond your control? it is the most worthless energy you can ever use.

if the cubs win the world series in november (god i hope not) then hell will have frozen over, i will start worrying then.......

Last edited:
As a Furloughed MEH pilot I have also written them off. The only stress I have now is hoping that my xbox 360 does not get the red ring of death while I am unemployed. Oh yeah, and I guess finding another job.

As a very soon to be furloughed Midwest pilot (for the freaking 2nd time) I also wrote off Midwest, hope to never come back to this outfit.

Just for the record, this will be my 3rd furlough. I think I might be breaking some record here pretty soon.

Fly Wolf, are you before or after a summer 2000 hire?

Take into account the fact that you hate Midwest and that puts into context what you just said.

If that's what you think, fine. You're wrong, but I really don't care, CL. You can't differentiate my thoughts from my feelings.

Just because I'm negative on Midwest doesn't mean I hate them. I have several friends that are getting the axe here. If I 'hated' Midwest, I'd say those guys deserved it. Please don't use hate, it really shows ignorance on your part, CL.

Latest resources

Back