North American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rican

Anyone have any info. on working for North American? Schedules, if they home base, QOL., etc.?

Thanks

North American does not home base. You can alternate Ddhd to your assignment if it works for you and the company. QOL is a subjective term. I prefer longer trips cause I commute. There are plenty of Caribbean turn lines if you either want to commute 7 times a month or live in the NYC area. Right now I have to commute about 2-3 times a month, so I am happy. Bottom 4 lines are short call( 2 4a-8p, and 2 4p to 8a opposite each other), 2 hour callout so you have to be in the JFK area. But it is basically 4 on, 4 off, so right away you are getting 14-15 days off.
Then the rest is a mix of scheduled lines and reserve, but this reserve is 24 hour long call( with a minimum of 12 days off), so you can do it from home. Some months you sit, some months you don't, welcome to the charter industry.
I personaly have come to like the longer trips where you fly a day, then sit 1, 2, or even 3 days before you fly again. I flew 600 hours last year, and was the flying pilot on only 50 legs.
One caveat, if you don't know anyone here, you probably won't get hired, or even interviewed. I think the last person who was hired without a rec was 4-5 years ago and hasn't worked out so well. It is still a buyers market for now and plenty of people recomending their former co-workers, best of luck.
Coastinout

Hey ricah, I sent you a private message, if you didn't get it let me know, and I will resend.
Best of luck
Coastinout

Hey I just saw N760NA here in Accra, Ghanna (Africa)... what route is that one flying? I'm just here on a tech stop on my way to South Africa. Funny to see how they park a SR22 next to a 76 here :)

Latest resources

Back