Non-rev to Europe???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LyodChristmas

Hey guys I was thinking about non reving to amsterdam this month. Does anyone who has done it have any advice on good plans to get back home if the flights on my carrier are full? Anything else I need to know? Thanks!

Show up early, be patient and flexable.

Before leaving US, I go online and find every flight on a US carrier from AMS to a US airport. I keep track of the carrier, destination and time. You can check seats available online the night before returning, but as you know these can be misleading. Show up early at the desk for plan A, so that if you get bad news you can jog on over to plan B. Also, most carriers you need to go to the Ticket/Customer Service couter to fill out the jumpseat form, NOT the check in counter.

Delta cuts you off 90 minutes prior to push time. I believe the desk opens 3 hours prior.

NWA desks are manned by KLM personnel and explaining US Jumpseat proceedures to the Dutch can be trying.

I have not tried US Air to CLT or PHL yet.

I just try to get to the US, (ATL 1st choice,) but any airport will do and then I deal with getting home once I am back in the US.

BTW I don't think I have ever made it back home using Plan A, but I have always made it back on the same day.

Good Luck!

GT

You also may want to check out Atlas or Kalitta. They fly out of AMS to the U.S. if I'm not mistaken...

Have a nice trip!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back