• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
And now the other side of the story;

"Delta does not intend to code share or share reciprocal benefits, such as frequent flier benefits, with Saudi Arabian Airlines," said Delta spokesman Trebor Banstetter.

Delta's only agreement with Saudi Arabian Airlines, he says, "is a standard industry interline agreement," which allows travel agents to book passengers on multiple carriers and passengers' checked bags to transfer between airlines on a multi-airline itinerary. Saudi Arabian Airlines has such agreements with other U.S. airlines, he says.

And more in this article;

http://travel.usatoday.com/news/sto...r-some-travel-industry-experts-say/48823576/1

Of course this thread title is misleading. The country does not allow them, not the airline. And what about Lufthansa, a Star Alliance member along with United, and British Airways, a One World member along with AA, actually flying into Saudi Arabia I believe, while Delta does not? Shouldn't UAL and AA be treated the same?

Now what I really want to know is whether or not BWI is a cute or ugly base? How are the parties there? Cool!

OYS

Aside from the ethical issue (and we all know that US airline executives could care less about that as long as it puts more money in their personal pockets), seems to me that the Delta CEO has screwed up big-time in the PR aspect of this.

Next time, why don't you code-share with Iran Air. You could show video on the IFE of women being stoned to death.

DOLTS, all of them.

Last edited:
Its just business, and I will not be giving DAL any of my money and will encourage my family to make other choices. Now DAl along with Walmart and Dewalt are on my no cash program.
PBR

Its just business, and I will not be giving DAL any of my money and will encourage my family to make other choices. Now DAl along with Walmart and Dewalt are on my no cash program.
PBR

I guess you will throw AA and UAL on that list too, right? Wait, don't you work for SKW? Are they an affiliate of United? The same airline who has a Star Alliance member friend, Lufthansa, who already flies nonstop to that country you don't like? Looks like you are somehow connected. You need to put yourself on your own list.

OYS

I sure hope you mean this as Delta is doing as Hitlers SS did and followed blindly to what they where told.

Yes, this is what I meant.

If you mean the ovens as joke, your very sick. Either way the oven comment is wrong. ( PM a moderator and ask for your post to be removed)

I'll admit to being rather sick. But this was partly intended to starkly induce pondering as to just how far a modern-day business might actually go for a little extra cash flow. I see too many disturbing parallels to the 1930s when "reasonable" Germans made "little" adjustments in their business and social practices to conform to the new government regulations.

Yes, this is what I meant.

I'll admit to being rather sick. But this was partly intended to starkly induce pondering as to just how far a modern-day business might actually go for a little extra cash flow. I see too many disturbing parallels to the 1930s when "reasonable" Germans made "little" adjustments in their business and social practices to conform to the new government regulations.

Every major alliance has partners flying into that country. British Airways flies into Jeddah and Riyadh, the two largest Saudi cities. American Airlines is a close partner with them. United does the same with Lufthansa, which owns part of Jetblue. Each country has their visa and entry requirements. Japan doesn't allow people with criminal records into their country, like Russel Brand the comedian who was just kicked out, as was Paris Hilton. It is up to each country to decide on who they will let in.

OYS

Aside from the ethical issue (and we all know that US airline executives could care less about that as long as it puts more money in their personal pockets), seems to me that the Delta CEO has screwed up big-time in the PR aspect of this.

Next time, why don't you code-share with Iran Air. You could show video on the IFE of women being stoned to death.

DOLTS, all of them.

deleted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back