• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Groping Me and No Naked Photos

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not a bad idea. The TSA should employ AME's as security agents, as you go through the metal detector you can swipe your insurance card. The AME preform the pat downs and when it's all said and done, you have been cleared security and you've just completed you medical.

Insurance card?

Who has insurance?

HDHP for ALL of you!!!

I'm saddened to see at how quickly we as citizens are willing to give up our civil rights. What a waste of our tax $ being spent for this horse & pony show. Its good to hear of someone willing to challenge the process and expose the system for what it is...a waste!

Would love to see a crew member go through screening with a crash axe and the chit hitting the fan from that one. "Oops my bad it must have gotten in there while I was in the cockpit."

A pilot did that. I believe it was a US Air pilot. Went through security right around the time the TSA took over after 9/11. Had a tough time and got mad. After he cleared he went to his plane, grabbed the crash axe and proceeded BACK to security and informed them how stupid the whole process was.

Well, he was arrested and fired. I believe he got his job back but I'm not positive.

A pilot did that. I believe it was a US Air pilot. Went through security right around the time the TSA took over after 9/11. Had a tough time and got mad. After he cleared he went to his plane, grabbed the crash axe and proceeded BACK to security and informed them how stupid the whole process was.

Well, he was arrested and fired. I believe he got his job back but I'm not positive.

Thats not what happened. I was there. He simply stated that the dog and pony show was stupid, and that because he had access to the cockpit and the controls of the airplane he could just "crash the plane" and didn't need his fingernail clippers to do so. He never brought the ax to security. He was, however, arrested and fired.

I can get you a uniform an fake Id in about a half a day and if I can I'm sure the bad guys can too..

So why aren't they 'dutying in' at outstations where no security is required and planting bombs on planes?

Why aren't they coming through a hole in the fence of employee parking lot and getting on the crew bus to be dropped off out on the ramp at the concourse with a bag full of weapons?

Why aren't they getting jobs as rampers/cleaners/TSA agents and running their terror ops as an inside job?

For that matter, why aren't they sneaking across the border in AZ (with the crowds of other brown skinned/dark haired visitors), buying some AKs and shooting up public schools?

I'm starting to think that the 'terrorist threat' is a bit overblown...

Thats not what happened. I was there. He simply stated that the dog and pony show was stupid, and that because he had access to the cockpit and the controls of the airplane he could just "crash the plane" and didn't need his fingernail clippers to do so. He never brought the ax to security. He was, however, arrested and fired.

That's a different event. I remember that one too. The guy gets arrested and fired for making a true statement. Only in America...

The crash axe guy was a different event but happened around the same time.

The guy isn't that smart. He was wearing an Express Jet uniform and ID. So, he was repersenting his airline. I thought that was professional pilot 101. I don't understand why he was so confused about TSA wanting to know who the CP was.

And picked the worst way to stick up for his rights. He basically proved (in a different way) you don't argue with the cop about your speeding ticket. Save it for the judge.

Airport security isn't supposed to be the feel good event of your life.

It's like refusing a breathalyzer at the police station. You do that and you're viewed as guilty and lose your license.

He must have been looking to leave aviation.

Latest resources

Back