No contact with ACA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
more info...

On a long layover today I went through the ACA rolling bid awards and looked for openings for new hires.

So, here it goes....
Oct. 36 slots for the CRJ, 4 for the FRJ
Nov. 28, 4 FRJ
Dec. 27, 3
Jan. 13, 5
Feb. 22, 5
Mar. 24, 5

As told by others before me, no classes for the J41.
For the FRJ, it shows all going to CVG (at least up until the Dec. class)

The CRJ has people being placed in both IAD and ORD. It looks as though if you get hired for starting actual CRJ training (not the indoc stuff) on 10/15 or 11/26 (also, half the 10/1 class) you'll get IAD, the other dates will strand you in Chicago. After the 12/26 class it doesn't specify where a new-hire will go....but my guess is Chicago since that's where the growth is supposed to be next year.

Hope this helps!

OK, now I'm slightly confused. The last time I spoke to Dean, which was 3 weeks ago, he told me I was in the Oct 11th J41 class. A buddy of mine who I spoke to last week, whose just finished J41 training said there would be J41 classes until the end of the year but no more.

So does anyone have any info, other than the "Master Bid"??

If i'm wrong here someone please tell me, but I think J41 FO classes wouldn't show up on our rolling bid since nobody inside the company is allowed to bid on J41 FO. Remember, the rolling bid is for CURRENT pilots at ACA, so it doesn't have much to do with new hires. Regarding the CRJ FO slots...keep in mind that there are a bunch of us 41 FOs being withheld from those seats, so the numbers on the rolling bid are a bit shallower for new hires. With the amount of hiring we're doing these days, though, its only a matter of how fast they can get people trained. Good luck to all of the "swimmers" and welcome aboard!

Kenny,

When did you interview? How did you get an answer out of Dean?????

waiting for class date

Got the nod from ACA in August, still waiting for a class like everyone else. Does anyone know how to play the system to get based in either ORD or CVG?

Pony,

To my understanding there is really no system. It all depends on when you class up and the needs of ACA. From previous postings, it seems like ORD will be where most of us will end up if we get the CRJ, and CVG for the Dojet. But then again what do I know I'm just a swimmer!!

Latest resources

Back