Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hosed COEX

No, ->I<- am Tiger Woods
CALALPA just announced today that no COEX pilots will be recalled in 2002. According to the results of our new perm bid released yesterday, 89 pilots are scheduled to be recalled but not until the second quarter of 2003. Those 89 pilots are roughly 20% of our furloughed pilot population. Doesn't look too good.

Even though our aircraft delivery schedule seems to dictate otherwise (23 jets to be delivered during the rest of 2002 and 48 in 2003), COEX growth is expected to be limited in 2003 which is why the recalls are delayed. It's all about block hours, not fleet count, and aircraft usage is down.

Ugh. Will, if you're reading this, thanks for walking my resume into ACA - I owe you a case (if not several) of beer.

Well I was one of the 89 people recalled on the perm bid. I had no idea it would be this bad. I was planning on holding out for COEX to recall me, but I don't think that is an option anymore. If anyone knows of any jobs, please let me know! I have 1200 total with 1050 multi. Good luck to everyone!

What about the XRs

I though Coex was the launch customer for the 145 XR and certifcation was to be completed in the 3rd or 4th quarter. A buddy of mine at Coex said there were 9 ready to be delivered as soon as the ink on the paperwork dries. Were are they going to get the pilots for these planes?

Re: What about the XRs

dav8or said:
I though Coex was the launch customer for the 145 XR and certifcation was to be completed in the 3rd or 4th quarter. A buddy of mine at Coex said there were 9 ready to be delivered as soon as the ink on the paperwork dries. Were are they going to get the pilots for these planes?

You're correct, the XRs are due to begin arriving in October. In fact, all 145's being delivered starting in October are going to be XRs (COEX receives the last of the LRs in September). Still, block hours are down even with the fleet count up. Planes that don't fly don't need to be staffed.

With the recent anouncements of copacity cuts at CAL marketing has also cut the block hours for us next year. We were looking pretty good as far as recalls until CAL threw this curve ball. Everyone including the higher ups didn't see this one coming. The training dept was gearing up and we even bought sim time at Flt Sfty. I have to say I hate it for all of the furloughed guys out there. I thought you guys would be back this winter. Sorry for the bad news.

As far as the XR's we are still getting them, but keep in mind that we're getting rid of the ATR's. So basically airframes are just being swaped out. I wish the growth was there but its not.

That about it, I wish all of my furloughed brothers out there luck.

Latest resources

Back