Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blueridge71

Outlasted two companies
on the gouge site, I saw that a recent question related to the RNAV-1 note on an approach plate. I can't find an explanation for this in any of the older Jepp introductions that I have at home. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

I think it has something to do with RNP, but I'd like to have the details.

RNP= required navigational performance. Which is the degree of accuracy required for ATC for a given route. The number is the horizontal dist. in NM aircraft must be within it's intended course 95% of the time. RNP-10 is used for oceanic and remote areas and is usually RNP-2 for U.S. RNAV enroute. If the note says RNP-1, it would be required for that particular arrival or approach. (As far as I know, all NJA aircraft are certified down to RNP-2 so we could not fly this approach.)

Last edited:
Yeah, I got that one during my Tech Oral interview last week. To my shame, I did not know the answer, I do now though and won't forget it. Study Hard!!

Starhustler,

What else did they ask? And were were you then asked to come to Columbus, or what did they say the next step would be?

good luck nonetheless.

Basically, if you study the gouge from aviationinterviews.com, you should do fine. I missed two on my written (stupid mistakes) and two on my oral (one of which was the Rnav question). Overall, I felt pretty good about it though. I am waiting on their decision to hire me or not. We shall see....

on the gouge site, I saw that a recent question related to the RNAV-1 note on an approach plate. I can't find an explanation for this in any of the older Jepp introductions that I have at home. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

I think it has something to do with RNP, but I'd like to have the details.

take a look at ac90-100a and the compliance table. opspec/mspec approval is also required to fly rnav departures and arrivals. (C063)

pj

Latest resources

Back