NJA Excel hours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

yosemite

Just wondering if anyone out there has any idea how many hours per month the Excel guys are flying?

Also, is there a lot of bullpen time or do you get sent out the first day all the time. This question kind of goes to the issue of getting a crash pad for the gateway, or just renting a hotel room on the night before.

Speaking of that... what's the cheap hotel at DAL that everyone uses?

A lot depends on your gateway and the luck of the draw. I am a capt in Den and average about 15 hrs a month. Seems like I sit in the pen for 1 out of 6 or 7 tours. I hope you get to fly as much as you want to.

If you want to fly reliably, move to Columbus. The schedulers have always been biased toward flying the guys who live there.

I'm a Dulles based Captain and fly about 40-45 hrs a month, although only one or two days a month are in the bullpen.

Excel FO's used to spend a lot of time in the bullpen because we had a large imbalance of more FO's than Capt's. That has been corrected (in fact, now we have more Capt's than FO's).

Bottom line, based in DAL you're probably going to spend at least 10% of your time in the bullpen, maybe more.

Latest resources

Back