NJA and Raytheon/FO Actual Cpt Salaries

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

I was explaining to a pal of mine yesterday that NJA and FO pilots do not make as much money as one would think for flying such "high tech" equipment. I gave him my estimate of average captain pay and he was incredulous - no way!!!!!

So, I'd like to see if my "estimate" was near the mark. Let's assume the average Captains for NJA and FO are medium seniority (say been there 5 years total) on their respecitive aircraft and bid the 7-on-7-off schedule with little overtime. What would their wage be per month (pre-tax) for the following aircraft:

NJA

1. Hawker 800XP
2. Citation X
3. Galaxy
4. Falcon 2000

Raytheon/FO

1. Beechjet 400A
2. Hawker 800XP
3. Citation X
4. Challenger 601/Falcon 50

Looking for "best estimates" here. Yes, I have seen the Fracstats website and several posts on this site (search function) and I know the "rough numbers." I am just curious because I have heard conflicting amounts from actual NJA and FO pilots out there. I hope NJA gets a better contract and hires me soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, when will Raytheon/FO start flying the Premier Jets?

Cheers

Last edited:
Flight Options Info

Here is the info for Flight Options. These numbers are 5th year base salary, does not include per deim:

Beechjet - $66,366
Hawker - $71,100
Challenger, Falcon, Citation X - $82,200
Gulfstream - $104,796

As far as us flying the Premeir's, I know that shares have already been sold. I last heard that we will begin taking them in the summer.

Just wondering, what was you estimate?

Heavy Set:

Here are the numbers for NJA. First of all, 5 years at NJA is not medium seniority. The last person hired in May 98 is about #297 out of over 1800. Also, all the aircraft you mentioned at NJA pay the same.

4th yr Capt. 4833/mo. = 57996/yr
5th yr Capt. 5082/mo. = 60984/yr

Overtime is something a pilot does not control very much and extended days have all but dried up at NJA.

Per-diem is $1.60/hr and you can do what you want with your LCS sheet. That's "lie, cheat and steal". Otherwise known as Expense Form.

You can PM me or post a reply. I am a 4th yr guy at NJA.

Latest resources

Back